"Felt very respected and not pressured"
There were a number of things my wife and I appreciated about this dealership.
1. Everyone we dealt with (Darren, Brad, and Brenda-Lee) talked to us both and not just to me. Some other dealerships that we went to talked mostly to me as if I was the only one buying the vehicle–even though we specifically said that all decisions were being made jointly. That was off-putting to both of us. No one at Straightline Kia was like that. Big thumbs up from the start!
2. Every vehicle we looked at during our months-long search was one which I found online. Every time we went to a dealership, I said I was there to look at a specific van. Despite making that clear when we walked in the door, every other salesperson sat us down and asked what kind of vehicle and options we were looking for, how we were going to take care of the financing, what our budget was, etc. Now I can appreciate them wanting to know those things if we walked in the door without anything specific in mind, but it's unnecessary and shows a lack of good listening and communication skills when we are abundantly clear that we are there to look at a specific vehicle. One salesman even asked if the minivan we wanted to see was in our price range! That was AFTER I told him we would be paying cash! Why would I want to waste the precious commodity of my time to look at a minivan I couldn't afford? I found that rather insulting. Darren at Straightline did no such thing. He gave us the respect we deserved , was un-assuming, and didn't question whether we were wasting his time.
3. Darren was extremely accommodating and said we could take the vehicle for as long as we wanted, and left it completely up to us whether or not he would ride along with us. Only one other salesperson at another dealership did that. Big points to any salesperson who is like that!
4. When we went into the finance office to complete the transaction, Brenda-Lee didn't try to push any extras on us. We told her we were paying cash and didn't want the extras. She was completely fine with that and didn't give us "food for thought" to walk away with like another place did. (Yes, at that other place, we made a deal on a vehicle, but backed out later because they were unable to meet the agreed upon timeline for us to pick up the vehicle. I'm glad that happened, though, because we wouldn't have found the vehicle we did and gotten to deal with people who aren't vultures.)
5. Darren was very prompt at responding to my questions.
6. When we let Darren know our budget, he didn't try to offer us anything above that.
"Amazing experience "
- Kelly Wiebe
Tyron was so amazing to work with, he made the whole process so easy for me and thoroughly explained everything about my new sorento! Candace was also amazing, she managed to get me the best deal she could and was so personable. Both tyron and candace were so great with my son as well :)
"Fantastic Dealership + Staff"
I've been with this Kia dealership for 4yrs now and the change in management and the building itself has been fantastic. Getting into my new Kia was easy and all the staff was incredibly helpful and understanding. I didn't feel pressured and the staff was flexible to accommodate my needs. The service centre is also great and I always have an enjoyable experience when waiting for my vehicle. I highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking to buy/lease especially as a first time car owner because everyone will work with you to get what you need.