Dealer Panel | Are you a dealer? Learn more

Peter Smith, Finance & Insurance, Halifax Chrysler

Peter Smith

Finance & Insurance

August 08, 2018

"To Be Fair; we're not done yet, although we should be. "

- Ken

I purchased a 2016 Chrysler 300 C from this dealer in 2017. Purchased a full Chrysler extended warranty as well. When I had a seized brake caliper in July 2018 I took it to the dealer for assessment. Nicole the service clerk did the intake. She confirmed I had a seized brake caliper and that I needed to replace that caliper (which was under warranty) and the brake rotors and pads and that this would cost $550.00. I asked her if she could just replace the caliper and keep my rotor and pads since they wouldn't be that worn out yet. She said an empatic no. Said that would void my warranty on the caliper. I didn't like the cost so I consulted with the service Manager Allan Murphy who told me that was not correct. That I could choose to just replace the caliper. I told him I would replace the pads and rotor if they were dangerously low and wouldn't pass safety but nobody told me that was the case. So when I took the car in next day (once the part arrived) I asked Nicole to just replace the caliper. She again replied No she cannot do that. Then the other clerk who was present during my conversation with the service manager had to correct her. Since then it seemed she was not happy about dealing with me. Then when I didn't hear from her near the end of my work day I called to find out why. She said they ran into a problem, the wrong part was in the box they got. They could not put my old one back on so I'd have to get a rental car. (they did pay for that as my warranty covers it) (the only vehicle they could give me was a ram 1500 truck that burned gas like crazy) Two days later I went to pick up my car and surprise they didn't bill me for any labour charges. That was good. Then that night I get home and that brake is squeeking like crazy. I didn't wind the window down when I picked up at the dealership, I did when I went for a drive later that evening. So now I'm wondering, do they test drive their work? Now it's another week and I'm still dealing with this matter. What a waste of time. I have left a call for the Service Manager two hours ago and am waiting for his call back to see where we go next. I guess I'm going to have to buy pads and rotor now. Not happy with the attitude of the service employee, not happy with the time it takes to resolve, not happy with the costs they are quoting. Time to consider using an alternate Chrysler dealership for my service. We'll give them a chance to make me a happy camper and I'll report the results.

Nicole in service; Allan Murphy Service Manager

June 18, 2018

"Service at it's finest!"

- Matt

I had an absolutely wonderful experience dealing with Elizabeth Nguyen! She was extremely helpful and an absolute pleasure to deal with from start to finish. She helped me comb through vehicles until we found the one that was perfect for me. Elizabeth helped me get the payments I needed at the price I wanted. I always recommend Elizabeth to everyone I know who is looking for a new or used vehicle. I will definitely be back to see her when I need a new vehicle!

Elizabeth Nguyen

May 01, 2018

"ram 1500"

- rbk

Great Friendly Service fast professional ,would trust my Ram with Halifax Chrysler I would always be greeted with a friendly smile and pro service Thanks AAAAA

Angelia, Liam, Service Manager Mr Murphy, The Parts Staff