I live in Hamilton, purchased my 2015 Mazda CX-5 December 12th, traded in my 2015 Toyota Corolla lease. My sales associate Tahir Shaikh was very kind, but hard to get in touch with when I was calling/ emailing with concerns after my purchase. Paid extra for the preowned vehicle package; 160 point inspection, and 24/7 roadside assistance for 5 years.
24 hours after receiving my Mazda there was an issue with the speaker, it took 3 weeks and more chasing to get confirmation from the preowned vehicle manager (Rohit Ratti) that I could bring my car in to have it looked at, at no cost to myself as I had paid for the 160 point inspection.
During this period I called the service center because no one else would help me. They let me know you have 30 days from the purchase of your vehicle to have it checked for any concerns that you find if you buy the 160 point inspection.
Krystle Cuming with the service center was so kind to me. She listened to my concerns, took detailed notes and did not make me feel stupid or like a nuisance as the other staff had. She explained everything to the technician, made sure that they did a thorough check. She explained that since the concern was noted within the 30 day period, if it comes back up I can return to have it fixed at no cost to myself. She’s amazing.
WARNING; if you’re purchasing a preowned vehicle and have problems after receiving the car, the preowned vehicle technicians are only available weekdays from 9am-5pm. So if you’re like me and work those hours you have to book time off to have your car looked at. Can’t be looked at by another Mazda shop, only the one you purchased it from or there will be a charge.
The new vehicle sales manager Varun Kamar who handled my financing really screwed up. The date I purchased my vehicle he was supposed to go over the details with me and set up my financing. He was too busy pushing me to purchase various warranties to do that job correctly.
- He did not tell me I need to have my new Mazda fully insured on the date I was coming to pick it up. I know that you have a 14 day insurance grace period when you buy a new car, where your new car is covered under your current policy while you arrange the new plan. When I showed up to pick up the car I had to wait around for 3 hours while they tried to figure out what to do, because I wasn’t told to have insurance on the new car by that date. I had to come up with the solution and my car was brought to me a week later.
- When the car was delivered I was told there would be a sticker on the front windshield with the 24/7 roadside assistance info. There wasn’t. It took 3 weeks of chasing to get that info, and it actually came from the service center. No one else got back to me.
- Varun did not buy out my Toyota lease as advised, so I was charged for my lease when I no longer even owned the car. I had to call Toyota finance to get them to inactivate my account while I chased Mazda. It took a month to get this sorted. I had to deal with Toyota the whole time, and Mazda wouldn’t help me by calling them about what was going on. I made Mazda send me proof the payment was sent to Toyota because they kept saying it had been, when it wasn’t. It was actually sent January 3rd… I purchased the car December 12th.
- After this Varun took 1 month to send me reimbursement for the Toyota lease payment that I had been charged. Again after much chasing.
- He also did not listen when I asked for my new payments to come off on the 16th of every month, so when it came off on the 10th of January I ended up with a negative balance in my account. I tried to call and email him and Rohit about this issue. To date I still haven’t heard back.
Every time I think the problems are over and I can just enjoy my new Mazda, something else comes up with this dealership. Once you’ve signed the contract to purchase a vehicle they don’t care about you. The only positive service I received was from Krystle in the service center. I would NOT recommend any of my friends or family to purchase a vehicle from this location.