Dealer Panel | Are you a dealer? Learn more

Jason Sprague, Sales and Leasing Consultant, Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

Jason Sprague

Sales and Leasing Consultant

April 03, 2018

"Ran up my bill and didn't fix the problem!"

- Simon M

Worst customer experience of my life. Avoid this service department at all costs. I brought my 2008 Equinox in Feb 6, 2018. I met with Virginia O'Dine (apparently does not work there anymore) and explained that I had issues with my doors not locking electronically, and that I had a warning light on that said Service Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS). I was told that they could fix the locks, but they could not do anything about the TPMS because one of my tires had a bulge and it was not safe to take it off and put it back on. BUT, no problem, because I could buy new tires from them for $700. I did not think I needed new tires (side note: I had purchased the tires from THIS dealership only a couple years previously!) but I was busy at work and trusted what I was being told so I simply agreed. Virginia told me the cost would be $1915. I said go ahead, put on the new tires, fix the TPMS, and fix the locks on the doors, thank you. I went to pick my car up a couple days later and paid $1915. That weekend I realized that the rear driver side door lock was still not working. I took the car back in. I was told that it needed a new actuator and that they could fix it for another $700. I tried to explain to them that when I first came in I was experiencing issues with multiple locks, and that they had quoted me a price (which I paid) to fix them. I didn't agree to pay that price to fix some locks and then leave some of them broken. They said this was a communication error, and they were sorry for not letting me know that the cost was only to fix the passenger door lock. They acknowledged that this was a mistake on their end. However, they were not prepared to offer me a refund or a discount. Then, while I was dealing with this issue (speaking with assistant service manager Janece Crocker and service manager Michael Tichbourne over a period of weeks) my TPMS light came back on! Essentially, they had not fixed any of the problems I had come in with, and charged me almost $2,000. I could not believe they refused to offer a refund or even to fix the problem. Eventually, after A LOT of arguing and wasted time, I was offered a refund of $280. I was simply too busy to keep arguing and fighting with these people, so I took the refund and took my car elsewhere to have the work completed. I am extremely dissatisfied and I feel that I was scammed. I was also treated very poorly by assistant service manager Janece Crocker. Michael Tichbourne was a slight improvement, but I am still perplexed at how this situation was dealt with. I am not someone who normally writes reviews or complains, but I have never had an experience like this and I would warn anyone who is considering this service center that they are crooks. They will find reasons to run up your bill, and the quality of the service is 0 out of 10 as far as I'm concerned.

Michael Tichbourne
2.0

March 22, 2018

"2016 Chev 3500"

- Andrew

Bought a 2016 Chev 3500HD last month at Shaw. Had bad experiences at other dealerships and from the moment I met Josh the whole process was very easy. Josh was awesome to deal with, told him what I was looking for and my budget and he had a truck for me almost immediately. Loving the truck so far, and would recommend Josh/Shaw to anyone I know looking to buy a truck!

Josh Rogers

March 10, 2018

"Didn't want my business. "

- laifer

I went to see BK as they have a nice Jeep I liked. Kept me there unnecessarily long and didn't even offered a test drive. Later BK told me he had given me the keys but I said I knew all about the Jeep, even though I told him I hadn't driven a stick in a long time. Brings me the quote after going back and forth for about an hour. Told him I didn't like it and didn't even counter offered. I give them the benefit of the doubt and think they had the Jeep sold but they should have told me, or even tried to find me something of my liking. Well, next time, not there anyways, I'll go at the end of the month. He's not even listed in the employees list, not his fault though.

BK