Dealer Panel | Are you a dealer? Learn more

Financial Services Manager

April 20, 2018

"Disapoitnted"

- Canuck

I took my truck in for the airbag recall they did the work a little while later I have a service air bag light on. Took it back to GMC and they say it had nothing to do with the recall. And it must be a sensor. Its just weird all of a sudden I'm having air bag problems. I talked to other mechanics on this they also say It's seems weird to them t all of a sudden I am having air bag problems. I will pay to get it fixed but will never deal with Shaw GMC again sorry to say.

Samantha,D

April 03, 2018

"Ran up my bill and didn't fix the problem!"

- Simon M

Worst customer experience of my life. Avoid this service department at all costs. I brought my 2008 Equinox in Feb 6, 2018. I met with Virginia O'Dine (apparently does not work there anymore) and explained that I had issues with my doors not locking electronically, and that I had a warning light on that said Service Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS). I was told that they could fix the locks, but they could not do anything about the TPMS because one of my tires had a bulge and it was not safe to take it off and put it back on. BUT, no problem, because I could buy new tires from them for $700. I did not think I needed new tires (side note: I had purchased the tires from THIS dealership only a couple years previously!) but I was busy at work and trusted what I was being told so I simply agreed. Virginia told me the cost would be $1915. I said go ahead, put on the new tires, fix the TPMS, and fix the locks on the doors, thank you. I went to pick my car up a couple days later and paid $1915. That weekend I realized that the rear driver side door lock was still not working. I took the car back in. I was told that it needed a new actuator and that they could fix it for another $700. I tried to explain to them that when I first came in I was experiencing issues with multiple locks, and that they had quoted me a price (which I paid) to fix them. I didn't agree to pay that price to fix some locks and then leave some of them broken. They said this was a communication error, and they were sorry for not letting me know that the cost was only to fix the passenger door lock. They acknowledged that this was a mistake on their end. However, they were not prepared to offer me a refund or a discount. Then, while I was dealing with this issue (speaking with assistant service manager Janece Crocker and service manager Michael Tichbourne over a period of weeks) my TPMS light came back on! Essentially, they had not fixed any of the problems I had come in with, and charged me almost $2,000. I could not believe they refused to offer a refund or even to fix the problem. Eventually, after A LOT of arguing and wasted time, I was offered a refund of $280. I was simply too busy to keep arguing and fighting with these people, so I took the refund and took my car elsewhere to have the work completed. I am extremely dissatisfied and I feel that I was scammed. I was also treated very poorly by assistant service manager Janece Crocker. Michael Tichbourne was a slight improvement, but I am still perplexed at how this situation was dealt with. I am not someone who normally writes reviews or complains, but I have never had an experience like this and I would warn anyone who is considering this service center that they are crooks. They will find reasons to run up your bill, and the quality of the service is 0 out of 10 as far as I'm concerned.

Michael Tichbourne

March 22, 2018

"2016 Chev 3500"

- Andrew

Bought a 2016 Chev 3500HD last month at Shaw. Had bad experiences at other dealerships and from the moment I met Josh the whole process was very easy. Josh was awesome to deal with, told him what I was looking for and my budget and he had a truck for me almost immediately. Loving the truck so far, and would recommend Josh/Shaw to anyone I know looking to buy a truck!

Josh Rogers