READ BEFORE PURCHASING! Never have I had such an awful experience purchasing a vehicle (this being my third vehicle purchase).
My wife and I who were expecting our first child at the time were looking to purchase a new family car for the safety of our child. We decided on the Hyundai Palisade for a growing family.
We were originally quoted a price for a brand new vehicle with our desired specifications with a discount of $3000 on the final. After completing our order and putting down our deposit, we were advised that the car would arrive within 4-6 weeks. At this time, my wife was 7 months pregnant so it would be arriving just in time. After 3 weeks, I decided to call for an update and we were told that the vehicle order had not been completed and that it may take longer to get the vehicle. Upon going in to inquire further, we were told that the vehicle order would not be completed at all and that we would have to wait until the 2022 model came out in the fall!!
- Our sales rep did not inform us after one week like he promised about any updates/changes to our order so we could have time to look elsewhere!
- We were told we could purchase a vehicle off the lot if available for an increased price with a minimal discount. (They would not HONOUR THE QUOTED PRICE)
- When asked to speak with Nav about his advertised "beat any price" promise, we were told by the general manager that if we complained, the email would be diverted back to him and he would no longer be able to provide even the minimal discount he was not offering.
Forced to purchase a vehicle due not being informed early enough to look elsewhere, for MORE than promised, NOT in our desired colour, we bought one off the lot. (Other dealerships had our colour but once again we would have to PAY MORE).
Having bought the vehicle, the PROBLEMS DID NOT STOP THERE.
Problems with QUALITY:
- As soon as we drove off the lot, the side framing of the window fell off onto the road before we even hit the first set of lights on Martin Grove!
- After assessing the windows, we realized the other side was also loose
- The dealership "fixed" the part only to have the second side become loose again at which point I realized that the same defective part had simply been hammered in
- Mike, the general manager for Parts at the dealership, after being asked about the defective part was very RUDE stating whether I wanted the vehicle fixed or not
- When I asked our sales rep for his information so that I could lodge a complaint, he promised to call with the information and never did
Overall, I have never had such a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE purchasing anything, much less a huge financial investment like a vehicle before.