I had a small fender bender just before Christmas. So I've been stewing on this for a month. IN total is was superficial damage and a mechanic friend offered to do the work, all I needed was the parts. So I called around and Parkway had most of the parts in stock and said the rest would be there the next day. The parts arrived a week later and that's not the end of the world so I was fine with that deliver times get messed up from time to time. The problem began after. The delay in the parts meant that my friend could not get to my car for another week. When he did get to it he discovered that the light I had purchased was broken. So I called the dealership and asked to speak to the person I had been dealing with, he wasn't available so I ended up speaking to Andre, why I don't know because from his profile he isn't in the parts dept. I explained the story and was told that my story wasn't true. This confused me as why would I make it up. The dealership has a record of the sale I have a record of the sale. There was no obvious damage to the part is was just defective. I tried to explain that the time line and Andre just became more rude. He wouldn't look up the invoice and told me I had to deal directly with the person I had initially dealt, who still wasn't available and would be for a couple of days. That to me is terrible customer service, when basically every record or transaction is at a persons fingertips, Andre would rather assume I was lying. So I had to wait 2 more days, talk to person I had purchased the parts from in the first place and hey presto, everything is fixed over the phone. The swapping of the part was arranged and we all got on with our lives. Thanks Andre.
As a side note I looked over the parkway website and noticed they are part of Weins. My company has been dealing with Mercedes Barrie for about 10 years, Weins took it over last year or the year before and it's a similar story. The new staff brought in after the change are unhelpful, unprofessional and have no regard for repeat business. It looks its a company wide problem.