Avoid this dealership at all costs. Trust me on this.
I would give 0 stars if possible here. Not sure where do we start with in terms of dealing with the Oakville Volkswagen dealership. We started dealing
I would give 0 stars if possible here. Not sure where do we start with in terms of dealing with the Oakville Volkswagen dealership. We started dealing with the Sales Rep called Joshua Gonzalez (he identified himself as Sales Manager initially), this person has good Sales tactics but is full of lies and spitting out fake words. We purchased a $64,000 vehicle from this location - top of the line Exceline Atlas. Bunch of lies and horrible experience dealing with this dealership. I highly recommend, do not deal with this dealership - pay some extra money and go else where, but do not deal with these goons!
1. We specifically asked him that the vehicle is not a trade-in from another dealership and he said it will be between 0-10 kms and will come straight from the warehouse in the truck from Ajax distribution center. What we received was a 110 kms already put on the vehicle.
2. Joshua Gonzalez and Krystal made us purchase the rust proof and ceramic coating, we paid additional $2,000 for this - what was promised was a lifetime of rust proofing and ceramic coating but after the vehicle was picked up, it was only 4 years of warranty on the ceramic coating. Lies again! Why would we pay additional $2K for 4 years when that's already covered by manufacturer's warranty.
3. Vehicle was promised to be picked up on Friday, deal was made on Tuesday - we gave them 3 days+ to prepare the vehicle. Joshua Gonzalez said it's not ready and can be picked up on Saturday. We said OK, as long as we're getting everything we paid for. Go on Saturday, and first thing Joshua Gonzalez does is gets everything signed and once the paperwork is completed - the vehicle is absolutely not ready.
- Hood deflector is missing
- splash guards not installed, front and back
- trunk liner not installed
- monster mats not installed
- detailing is missing, car is dirty
- 2nd key is missing
- no manual in the car
- plastic missing from the 1st key, no cover
After all this sales rep Joshua Gonzalez, promises us that he will personally get this installed and taken care of it on Monday. We will about an hour drive from this dealership and he promises that he will be on our location at 1pm and get all of this taken care of. Come Monday, it's 2pm now and Joshua Gonzalez is no where to be seen, no updates via email or phone call or no answering his phone now. Just vanished and ignoring the messages. Frustrated by this getting hold of Joshua Gonzalez and his lame excuses (oh it's end of the month, we're short staffed, etc etc) we reach out to Krystal - she says ok bring the vehicle in and we will give 2 service/oil changes for free as a good will credit for this whole fiasco. But then she also doesn't keep up to her commitment. Finally we had to engage Jessa (Sales Manager) and she takes the ownership of getting the issues resolved but she does not want to honor anything committed by Joshua Gonzalez or Krystal. After 1 week, we get appointment with Service and we had to leave the new car in their garage for a day to get all this work done which should have been done in the 1st place. By this time we have spent over 20 hours over this horrible ordeal with Volkswagen Oakville with no apology or whatsoever from their leadership Team.
Still on-going issues with this dealership, and they're not resolving it. Not sure, how they're cheating openly with the public and looting their hard earned money with lies and deceit promising the services and goods, and not delivering them or making all sorts of fake promises.
Overall this dealership:
- Lacks Customer Service
- Lacks commitment to excellence delivery service
- Bunch of liars not willing to commit what they promise pre-sales. Post sales support is horrible and will not treat you as their customer.
- People like Joshua will get this dealership a horrible name.
- Is run by a bunch of goons who just want your money, they need to learn how to treat their customers and build loyalty.
- No ownership of responsibility whatsoever, they cannot do simple things right basically!
- Avoid this dealership at all costs!
- Do not purchase your vehicle here and give your business elsewhere. Trust me, you will thank me for this.