This is my experience at Willowdale Infiniti. This was for a NEW vehicle purchase, not used and not a Service encounter. My sales person was Sarah Hamkar and the General Sales Manager we terminated the deal with was Peter Vavaroutsos. I want YOU (the reader) do decide for yourself what happened.
Back Story: We had selected Willowdale after meeting with Sarah. I did a check for dealer reviews and found all kinds of warnings defaming Willowdale Infiniti’s word and character, Sarah couldn’t address these complaints with enough assurance to dissuade my fears of shady dealings and underhanded stunts so we started involving other dealerships in our pricing investigations with the intention of dropping Willowdale, but kept them in the quote process out of respect for Sarah.
- Friday: Advised Sarah we’d be meeting with her Saturday to talk numbers for our new QX60. Advised her to bring her “A” game since we were seeing 2 other dealers later that day and purchasing from the best. She advised I meet Peter since she was ill.
- Saturday: Met with Peter. In going over the vehicle packages I challenged him about the package he was picking. I pointed out I wanted the Premium Package and the tech package that rolled the touring and deluxe packages into it. He held up his binder, showed me his packages and assured me he had the right one. THIS is important because THIS is where things changed later! He quoted a number far lower then what we expected and exclaimed that he was going to make sure no one else could beat his price.
- We spent left on our mission to meet the other dealers we’d been talking to.
- All the other dealers quote were high. The 2nd best quote was high by $38 a month.
- So we selected Willowdale’s price, went back to them 4 hours after Peter had quoted us (the same day) and watched Peter happily put the deal together.. Woops! Did I quote just the premium package! OH, I made a mistake, I didn’t know you wanted those other packages! ..So now I said, fine, meet the other dealers price at $38 more than your quote. Well that was apparently impossible. Apparently no one would be willing to lose that much money on the deal! We advised him we felt this was a stunt and we would be providing our feedback about the dealer ship on the internet. He was fine with that.
- We returned to the dealership that offered the monthly payment that was $38 more and we’ve just returned from signing the deal! They even have our vehicle in stock! Not bad for an impossible deal.
We were lucky, we didn’t listen to the other warnings from other Willowdale customers and escaped before we spent ANY money there. We listened to the staff blame it all on Philip their used car rep and stupid customers making unfounded complaints for all the dealerships bad customer service reviews.
I know how I see the interaction but now you have the details to decide for yourself.