Read Reviews Roy Foss Thornhill

3.9

3.6

3.6

based on 14 reviews

Overall
3.8

3.8 out of 5

14 lifetime reviews

Roy Foss Thornhill

None of this dealership's employees have received reviews. Be the first to write a review.

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Roy Foss Thornhill

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Roy Foss Thornhill has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Roy Foss Thornhill

Established in 1962, Roy Foss Motors Ltd. owns and operates two of the largest General Motors dealership franchises in Canada. Our dealerships sell and service an award-winning lineup of cars, vans, SUVs, and trucks from Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac. We also sell and service a compelling lineup of off-make pre-owned vehicles from a variety of other manufacturers. With nearly three centuries worth of combined technician experience in our service bays, and a working inventory of over 250,000 different vehicle parts items, Roy Foss Motors has become a landmark destination for competitively priced, high-quality maintenance and repair services. Our customer-centric business philosophy, driven by progressive programs like the Roy Foss 10-Point Pledge, has earned us a loyal following in the Greater Toronto Area. Roy Foss Motors is a subsidiary of the Roy Foss Automotive Group, a leading Canadian automotive and real estate holdings company.

Our Location

"Excellent salesman"

brianc99
8/4/2014 7:55:11 AM

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

Lakshan made it easy for me to purchase my first car. He answered all my questions and let me test drive quite a few models which helped me narrow down my choice. I ended up purchasing a car a little over my budget but got everything I need out of a car/SUV.

""I Found My SUV""

Bill Kiely
7/13/2014 5:06:04 AM

Sales represntative

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

I had been in the market for a new or used vehicle to replace the best Van I've ever had and was thinking about getting into something smaller. I had looked at a few new and used vehicles..Ford Excape, Hyundai Santa Fe, Nissan Altima & Rogue and just wasn't happy with any of them until I came into Roy Foss (Thornhill). I met Lakshan, we discussed my budget and the first of two Equinox's he showed me fit the bill perfectly. The transaction went very smoothly and only took about a half-hour to complete. I've never had such an easy time buying a car, so you know I have very high praise for Lakshan and Roy Foss for making me very happy with my experience. THANKS

"I WAS IN LUCK"

phylicia.lafreniere
7/12/2014 3:36:01 PM

Lakshan "Lucky"

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

It was easy buying a vehicle from Royfoss Dealership.
A year or two ago my sister and I came in to the store to browse some selected vehicles.
At that time, we met Lakshan and he left quite an impression on us. He was professional, good spirited and seemed to genuinely care about customer service. Unfortunately, we didn't purchase anything at that time.

Fast forward to this year, I was in a motor vehicle accident at the beginning of June and in need of a vehicle I returned to Royfoss Dealership specially because of our experience with Lakshan. And as luck should have it, Lucky was at the service desk when we entered the store and recalled our visit.

He not only helped me find a vehicle but he made purchasing a car easy. Honestly, I was quite relieved to have Lucky as our agent at the dealership. He kept my interests and price point in mind and didn't show me anything that I could not afford and explained to me the differences and levels of services/makes/models that made my car unique.

"New Buick Owner"

Hitech13
6/4/2014 11:54:33 AM

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

I made arrangements for a test drive of this car. It was waiting for me when I arrived. Lucky took me out for a drive which was just that, not a spin that I use to, you know just around the block 10 minutes or so. I actually got to DRIVE the car. When we got back he went through all the features again, he had done this before we went out. We went in to write up an offer. I wasn't to pleased with what they offered for my trade but with Luckys assistance and creative negotiation with a couple of his associates we came to an agreement, just in time to beat out another couple that were looking at the same car. When I came back to pick up the car Lucky spent at least an hour with me going over the paperwork and setting up some of the features on the car. He took his time to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase not running off to sell another vehicle to someone else. Lucky also followed up with a couple of emails to make sure everyting was still good.

Twitter
"Royfoss is "Lucky" to have Lakshan"

u212
4/28/2014 1:02:44 AM

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

I was searching for a new vehicle for about a month or so before visiting Royfoss in Thornhill. I had a deal with a competitor that I just didn't feel too good about at the time and decided to take a look at the Cadillac ATS at Royfoss. My family has a history of purchasing vehicles at Royfoss, both my father and grandfather have made purchases from Lakshan or Lucky and I was directed to speak with him as soon as I stepped into the dealership. I was not disappointed by the quality of service that Lucky provided me with. He took me on test drives with two different models of the ATS, going in depth over the details and differences between each vehicle. Lucky listened to my needs and made sure he met them. Out of the many dealerships I've visited during my car shopping experience this year, Lucky was the only salesman that made me feel comfortable and confident with my purchase decision. I must also thank the sales managers that worked together with Lucky to ensure that I, the customer, had all of my needs met and left as the happy new owner of a Cadillac ATS. If you're in the market for a new Cadillac or any other GM brand, I would definitely recommend you visit Royfoss Thornhill and ask for LUCKY!

Twitter
"Leased new Buick Verano from Roy Foss Dealership in Thornhil"

buickverano1962
4/19/2014 12:09:06 PM

Lakshan "Lucky"

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

My dad used to buy all his Cadillacs from Roy Foss and now I understand why. I'm a single female and am always a little leery of approaching a dealership to buy a new car. It has not always been a good experience. This time was different though. From the moment I called this dealership for an appointment, to the moment I drove off the lot in my new Buick Verano, I was treated with respect and appreciation. This place is organized. There is no waiting around here. They move you through the process like a well-oiled machine, but without stress or pressure. My rep Lakshan or "Lucky" as he likes to be known, met me, listened to my needs and did 3 different test drives with me. We also looked inside several cars in the lot so I could get an idea of paint and interior upholstery colors. He explained all my financing options and debated the merits of buying a used versus a new vehicle with me. I felt that when I finally made my choice to lease a new Verano that I did so with all the facts clear in my head. Lucky went through each piece of paperwork and made sure I understood what I was signing. I must commend Lucky on his patience and his professional demeanor. He took the time to answer every question I had and never once seemed impatient or irritated. I have similar praise for the dealership manager and the finance/leasing manager. Both took the time to introduce themselves to me and make sure my questions were getting answered. When I decided on the car I wanted, they had it at the dealership within two days! Lucky took the time then to sit with me in the car and explain to me how all of the features of the car worked. No sales rep in the past has ever done that for me. Everyone at this dealership seems to really like their job and it shows in their attitude towards their customers. It's a really pleasant place and I look forward to returning for oil changes!

Twitter
"Went to pick a Cadillac in Jan 2014, test drived, asked..."

uyicn
2/11/2014 4:14:45 PM

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

Went to pick a Cadillac in Jan 2014, test drived, asked lots of questions, got the answers, left with a confident purchase.

Would recommend this dealership for anyone interested in buying a Cadillac!

Twitter
"The process was efficient and to the point. I knew what..."

Trev_malibu
2/7/2014 11:12:03 AM

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

The process was efficient and to the point. I knew what vehicle I wanted and what price I could pay. Lucky was quick to respond and did all he could to meet my needs. In the end it was a very pleasant interaction. If you don't want to navigate the usually lengthy sales process that frustrates so many when buying a used car, contact Lucky at Royfoss Thornhill and he will work hard and efficiently to get you the deal you need. Royfoss is fortunate to have Lucky at their disposal! Trevor, a satisfied customer

Twitter
"Lakshan was the key to my recent SRX purchase during a..."

DAK123
1/18/2014 12:56:31 PM

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

Lakshan was the key to my recent SRX purchase during a very hectic December. He was extremely professional. He answered all my questions and being a very good listener he pointed out relevant things I had not thought to bring up. Lakshan was easy to deal with, before, during and after my purchase.

Twitter
"I never met someone as impatient and short tempered as..."

knadine3
12/10/2013 2:27:52 PM

Andrew Gang

1.8

My Review Of Roy Foss Thornhill:

I never met someone as impatient and short tempered as the salesman I had to suffer. At first, the guy seemed friendly and eager to help ...obviously knowing that he can make a sales out of me quite easily. So I got a car on a lease from him. After the end of the lease term, I went back to him in order to buy the car, but he kept on trying to convince me to extend the lease term. He was making all kind of comments about my appearance telling that I didn't change quite a bit since the time i visited when I initially took out a lease. I thought he was trying to make small conversation, so I let it pass. When I decided I wanted to buy the car... his demeanor changed.... he seemed a little annoyed about my decision. Nevertheless, he went through the process of ending the lease and sale..... He asked me to call him back to check that everything went well... So I called him back... and the response I get was completely a different person. All I did was to follow his instructions, I just wanted to call to check that all the paper work went well and he started to talk over me and could feel that it took him every fibre in his body to not yell out loud at me over the phone. After I hung up.... I thought that I was pretty much treated like a second hand .... if I knew this ahead I wouldn't even bother continuing my business with him. Then I remembered how he reacted while on my first visit trying to lease the car... before me he was dealing with another client and after he finished with the client... he let a loud scream.... i thought that maybe he had a bad day like we sometimes do specially in the customer service industry... so I let it go... Little did I know that his reaction at the time was a hint of who he was.....

Look, we have bad days... but we don't have the right to take it on others... specially when they are planning to make a large purchase.... this is no dollarstore.... We deserve to be treated better....

Reviews 11-20 >>