This is probably the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. I'm not sure if it is due to the lack of competition for being the only Honda dealer in town which has forced people to buy here, or simply because people are just oblivious to actual customer service. I have given them my patience as well as the opportunity to redeem themselves, however they have failed miserably at every turn. Here describes my one year attempt at fixing an issue with my car from start to today:
1) The initial purchase of the vehicle did not start off on the right foot. Having had come from out east I am used to negotiations for vehicle purchases and thus was surprised to be low balled on both my trades. So when I visited friends in Edmonton I decided to compare their offer with another dealer. They offered me $8000 for both my cars compared to $6000 and were offering to ship my new Honda to me and pick up both my cars sight unseen to make the deal. I brought this to Sun valley Honda and after further negotiations they matched the deal and added a 4 free oil changes (btw, their actual cost for oil changes is not $24.99 but closer to $60 when you factor in the labour cost... another lie). I ended up taking their offer in the end with the managers convincing.
2) After picking up the vehicle I drove to BC for a road trip using the android auto (a feature which encouraged me to purchase the vehicle as it allowed me to save money rather than purchasing the top model). However, on the way back it stopped working due to a bluetooth connectivity issue and I could not use it anymore. Once I returned to the Hat, I brought this up to my salesman who quickly responded that if its android issue they could not do anything as they do not offer support for it (fair enough, can't provide repairs for an app you don't develop) however it was a bluetooth issue. They said it was the phone without looking at the vehicle and despite verifying that it was compatible with both the car and android auto. Despite this I got another compatible phone yet the problem continued. I kept going in and despite them checking the system and saying it was working, my phone would still sporadically disconnect while in use. They finally said that they were waiting on an update.
3) When they got the update, it still cut out. At that point I got fed up as it had been close to 7-8 months now that this issue had persisted so I ended up contacting Honda HQ which pretty much said to contact the dealer to resolve the issue. After fighting back and forth, they finally agreed to take my vehicle in to run diagnostics and lend me another vehicle to see if it worked with my phone (the manager was initially suggesting that I get a rental out of pocket for this and had to explain to him how this is not how other dealerships do business - I've had loaners when repairs were needed on my previous cars, xxxx, even had one dealership pay part of my vehicle rental cost because the repairs took longer than foreseen and impacted a personal trip).
4) When they were done with my vehicle they called me to pick it up. When I went, their service manager said, "If I would have known you were coming I would have cleared and heated your vehicle".... you called me?!?! Nonetheless, despite the then 10 months of waiting for a solution, they had finally agreed to order a new head unit for the vehicle and that they would call me when it came in.
5) It is now end February, 19 days short of my one year purchase date and I am still waiting on that phone call. The bluetooth is still cutting... At this point I've written these guys off and have chosen to warn people instead. Go to a bigger city where there are more dealers to compete with. It may be more time consuming, but in the end, you'll get a better deal, save money, and get treated better as a customer. Despite my almost one year battle with this issue, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and even let coworkers know that despite their initial shortcomings they gave me a good deal after negotiations in the end. They got 4 vehicles sold (including mine) in the past year thanks to me, yet I'm left with a still broken system with another compatible phone that i bought to replace the one they said was also compatible but might still be the problem.
6) If anybody else has experienced bluetooth connectivity issues and have found a solution, let me know, xxxx tell theses guys!
A pissed off customer.