Take a step decades back in time as you walk through the door at Leggat Kia. As you enter the misogynistic car buying past, the sole female employee, the receptionist of course, greets you to a room full of men and shiny cars.
I knew what I wanted, so didn’t need the sales pitch. But they made sure I knew two separate men were on their way to purchase the car if I didn’t. So I did. Just some basic requests on my part:
1. Keep my plate
2. I wanted to take me snow tires with me at purchase
3. They were going to either buy my lease, or return my car for me
4. I needed my financing info the next business day
1. They changed my plate
2. They put my snow tire into storage, in a different city then where I live.
3. Matt (sales guy), just looked at me confused, and had made no preparations in regards to my old lease
4. I got financing info less then 48h before my scheduled pickup.
The certified used car I purchased had:
Too much oil
Too little coolant
Old windshield wiper, with exposed metal
Old, rusty and ridged rotors on my rear brakes
Which cost me $200 to find out, from another Kia dealership. And Joe was STILL reluctant to do the necessary work on the car he’d just sold me.
Was this a horrible experience because I am a woman? Is it because I’m not white? Maybe both? Or maybe they’re just xxxxxxxx….
Please, think twice about buying a Kia. And definitely don’t give your money to