Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

4620 Blackfoot Trail SE,
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4G2
Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick Info
About Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

Shaw GMC is committed to you by delivering unprecedented customer service both when you buy your car and when you return to us for scheduled maintenance service. History of Shaw GMC: 1962 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick began selling trucks at 4620 Blackfoot Trail. At the core of the business was medium duty trucks. 1971 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick began sponsoring the Stampede Queen and Princesses. 1985 First major building renovation. 1992 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick begins selling Pontiac and Buick car lines and renovated the building to create a car showroom. 1996 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick merges with Shaw Lease. 1999 Shaw Truck Rentals established. 2000 www.shawgmc.com goes online. 2001 Shaw was awarded the rights to be Calgary's only Hummer dealer, creating the present Shaw GMC Pontiac Buick Hummer. 2002 General Motors declared that Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick sold more trucks than any GM Dealership in Canada 2004 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick nominated by Calgary Herald readers as best dealership in Calgary. 2005 www.shawgmc.com is completely revamped. 2006 Major building renovation, expanding the showrooms and service area. 2009 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick becomes Calgary's newest Chevrolet Dealer. 2009 Shaw becomes an authorized dealer for Isuzu Medium Duty Trucks. 2009 www.shawgmc.com gets a brand new, modern look. 2010 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick gets the rights to sell Corvette.

About Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

Ctaber
2/28/2015

"Bought one and leased one "

We came in to look at a tahoe and ended up buying a truck too! Things went very smoothly and I feel like we were treated awesome. I think I found the place we will be coming back too. Our salesman was great and the finance manager was amazing. I really couldn't expect more. And I LOVE my new tahoe!

Jamie Miller

March 02, 2015

Hello Ctaber, Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our team! We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to working with you again soon. In the meantime, be sure to follow our Facebook & Twitter so you can advantage of our specials and incentives! Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga│General Sales Manager pkulaga@shawgmc.com.

Mat Baird
2/28/2015

"Great service from Sean Spriggs!!"

Sean Spriggs Sold me my new Sierra, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience there. He had answers for every question that I had, returned every call, and found the exact truck that I had spent months shopping for. I wouldn't only recommend Shaw as the place to by a truck but Sean Spriggs as the salesman to buy it from!

March 02, 2015

Thanks Mat for your review! We're so happy to hear that you were impressed by our service and our deals! We deeply value your relationship with Shaw GMC and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. Contact us for anything, anytime! Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga│General Sales Manager pkulaga@shawgmc.com

alex.mazepa
2/25/2015

"Some Communication issues that were resolved"

I bought a used Pontiac G8 from Shaw at the beginning of the year. I had some issues with the car in the first four weeks of owning the vehicle. There was an electrical fault that knocked out the instrument cluster out and faulted the ABS, Traction Control, and Airbag. I brought the car in twice in order to get the issue resolved completely. I was scheduled to return the car to the shop for the ignition recall work, but on the day I was to bring it, it wouldn't start. I talked to my sales rep and service rep about what to do thinking it was either the starter or the battery. The sales rep pointed me to roadside and since we brought the car in under the 3 month, pre owned road side assistance service that was provided. The tow truck was able to boost the car, so it wasn't the starter, it was the battery. I had some communication issues reconciling the three month manufacturing warranty between my sales rep, the service rep and the pre-owned manager. After having this car in the shop 3 times in 4 weeks and getting turned about quite a bit in trying to figure out what to do for this instance in the shop, I was quite frustrated. This review was originally lower. But I took the next morning to go in and talk to the pre-owned manager and after a good-long conversation we had a path forward for this issue and any future issues with this car. The manager understood that there was a communication issue in this instance and was going to work with his staff and internal processes to give even better customer service in the future.

John Smith

Gary
2/19/2015

"Great informative dealership to buy a vehicle "

I bought my truck there and it couldn't of been easier. Great service from everyone that I dealt with. Kyle Medland was great to talk to and answer any questions as well as Jamie Miller the financial consultant.

Kyle Medland

February 19, 2015

Hey Gary, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're so happy to hear that Kyle and Jamie were able to help you out! We're proud to have them as a part of our team. We hope your new vehicle treats you well. Contact us for anything, anytime. We're here to help! Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga│General Sales Manager pkulaga@shawgmc.com.

GMC Gurl
1/28/2015

"Top Notch Staff"

I bought a vehicle from Shaw in August and the whole experience was fabulous beginning to end. Just recently had my first service appointment and WOW, I was treated like royalty. Best customer service ever! You won't be disappointed doing business with this business. Highly recommend.

Dan Fast & tech Kelsey (#4784)

February 03, 2015

Thanks GMC Gurl for your review! We're so happy to hear that you were impressed by our service and our deals! We deeply value your relationship with Shaw GMC and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. Contact us for anything, anytime! Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga│General Sales Manager pkulaga@shawgmc.com

TerraF
1/21/2015

"Such a lack of knowledge from a sales associate"

My husband bought a new GM from Shaw GMC this past summer and the whole experience was pretty much a joke!My husband knew what he wanted and was willing to wait for it to come to their lot as he was originally going to purchase a pre owned vehicle. He gave the sales associate a list of specs and the make and model he wanted and asked her to call him if one comes in. She would call about once a week with the most random vehicle suggestions that weren't even close to what he asked for, which got very annoying and should have been a red flag right there. He was one the Shaw website where he found the truck he had been waiting for so he made an appointment to come down and check it out. When we got there they couldn't figure out what truck he was talking about and the sales woman tried telling him that kind of truck didn't come with the specs he wanted.... she called in her manager and my husband brought up the website and the truck (with all the spec's he wanted listed) and the manager told him that they don't have any control over their website and the truck wasn't on their lot. Putting that annoyance aside, we decided to check out some new trucks while we were there since we had seen two on the lot that we were kind of interested in. Every question my husband asked her she would have to run to the manager's office, ask him for the answer then come back. We just sat there shaking our heads kind of embarrassed for her until It finally got to the point where he just came in the room with us, probably to try and save the credibility of the dealership. After everything was said and done, we settled on a truck and went to financing where the nonsense continued. We were originally going to go with their protection package but decided we would have the same stuff done elsewhere. When we called the man (Colin) we were dealing with for financing to let him know we were going to pass on their protection plan he had told us that the truck was already having the 3M and undercoating done..... we had never signed anything at that point but figured there was no turning back since it was already done. We signed the papers and was told they would have the truck ready in a few days. A few days past and we were told the truck was ready. We went in got the keys and went to do the walk around with the sales associate. We noticed right away that there was no 3M on the truck and that the under coating was just done! The finance guy had lied to us, I'm assuming to get a commission on the sale of a protection plan, which is just appalling! I had to take time off work to get the 3M put on a few days later only to have to go back again because only half of what was supposed to be done was done. The body shop was AMAZING and delt with my frustration so professionally, especially since this issue wasn't even their fault as they were told what 3M to put on by the finance department. Oh, and while I was there dealing with the 3M I also picked up the floor mats we were charged for but never received and had them reset the satellite radio because it had shut down after only a week (which happened again 3 months into the 6 month subscription and we just said "Screw it" because we didn't want to bother dealing with anyone from that dealership again). Overall, the entire experience was a joke and reading my own review gives me a pit in my stomach. This dealership needs to step up its game because having uneducated sales associates and snakey finance people this is such a poor representation of the product they sell and GM should be embarrassed that these people represent their amazing products. We will never stray from GM products we will just never go back to Shaw for any of our future purchases. We are sure to tell anyone interested in listening our experience with them as well.

Collin Scott (Finance)

jboyko
1/15/2015

"Faultless! Get your new vehicle here!"

This has got to be the best dealership in Calgary with the hardest working staff! I've used their service department before and had a positive experience there, so we thought we would check it out for purchasing our new truck. We had an excellent experience from start to finish buying our 2014 GMC Sierra! Every member of staff played their part. The sales team were extremely professional and knowledgeable. They listened to our needs and made sure that we were 100% satisfied and confident in our purchase. The finance department made everything so straightforward and kept our best interests in mind. There is a very positive atmosphere within the dealership, every staff member was friendly, we never felt like we were put "under pressure" to purchase and we thoroughly enjoyed dealing with SHAW GMC. I cannot recommend highly enough!!

January 20, 2015

jboyko, I am happy to hear that your time spent at Shaw GMC was a pleasing experience. We pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. Congratulations on your new vehicle! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new vehicle, please come back to visit us. We are eager to see you again in the future! Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter so that you can take advantage of our many great specials and incentives. Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga│General Sales Manager pkulaga@shawgmc.com

colleen.gray.3998
10/26/2014

"Certified Used Vehicle Purchase"

I would highly recommend this dealership. I found the Terrain I was interested in online and sent a message to them. I was contacted the next day by JP and went in for a test drive and bought it the same day. The generous price they offered me for my trade sealed the deal for me. Francisco, who took care of financing, warranty and protection plans was super friendly and knowledgeable and took the time to explain all my options. I ended up purchasing the extended warranty and full protection plan because the price was very reasonable for all it offered me. Really impressed with JP and Francisco and this dealership overall. Would highly recommend to anyone!!

October 30, 2014

Hello Colleen; Thanks for taking the extra time and posting a review of your experience here at Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick. I'm very happy to hear that JP was able to help you out so quickly, we're so proud to have him and Francisco as a part of our team here at Shaw GMC, we hope your new Terrain treats you well! Contact us for anything, anytime. Dan Smith General Manager Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick dsmith@shawgmc.com

suzannew0374
10/16/2014

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE "

We are 1st time GMC customers and I'm pretty sure this is the WORST customer service we have ever received from any company EVER! We purchased a previously-owned 2012 Yukon from Shaw on July 31, 2014 which we absolutely love. Our salesman was Gary MacDonald. We picked up the vehicle on Aug 2, 2014 and the gas tank was less than half full. Never have we picked up a vehicle from a dealership with less than a full tank of gas. We also were given 2 cracked remotes for the vehicle. Not impressed. Our major complaint is this - The Yukon was to have new tires put on prior to us receiving the vehicle. After driving it for only a week we noticed it shaking if driving over 100 km/hr. We contacted Gary regarding this and his response was tires were not covered under warrenty and to take it to any tire shop. Not what we expected to hear. Thank goodness I took it to Kal Tire the next day as not only were the tires unbalanced, but the 2 front tires were not even installed properly and it was UNSAFE to be even driving! So, Shaw sent us away in an unsafe vehicle and then we had to spend another $200 to have the tires balanced properly. This could have resulted in having a serious accident with our 2 & 4 yr old chlidren and Shaw did nothing about it and have not returned phone calls I have made. No apology phone call - NOTHING. I filled out the survey that was emailed to me by Dan Smith 6 weeks ago!! Even Linda at your Customer Care sentre in Toronto claims to have not been able to reach a manager at Shaw. What kind of service is this???? HORRIBLE and we would not recommend buying a vehicle from Shaw ever in the future

October 17, 2014

Hi Suzanne, My apologies for the problems that you have encountered on your vehicle purchase. This is not how we do business. Please send me a copy of the bill from Kal-Tire for the $200 you spent and I will re-imburse you. If you have any further questions, please contact me directly. You can reach me at my email address of dsmith@shawgmc.com or (403) 287-5984.

October 16, 2014

Hi Suzanne; I am sorry to learn of your poor experience at our dealership. This is not how we conduct business. As mentioned to you in our facebook response, please send me the bill for the $200 that you paid to have your tires checked and properly balanced. I will re-mburse you for this expense. Again, my apologies for the trouble you had and thank-you for the opportunity to address those troubles. Sincerely, Dan Smith General Manager dsmith@shawgmc.com 403-287-5984

blam88
10/08/2014

"easy going and friendly"

out of all the GM dealerships in calgary, Shaw GMC takes the cake. I have been truck shopping for over 6 months, trying to find the right truck for the right price. Chris Omeara is the man to talk to - hes respectable, honest, not pushy, and an all-around nice guy. when I finally purchased my truck, Chris would text me and update me on every single thing. the truck came in from okotoks so he notified me that he was on his way to get it, he also called me when the truck arrived at Shaw, he texted when the truck was getting detailed, and finally called me when the truck was ready for pickup. Charles Enns was my financier. he was accommodating, and very helpful and polite. he tailored everything he could to my needs, and made the whole shopping experience amazing and easy. I cant thank both of them enough. lets just say it was night and day compared to other dealerships in town. kudos to Shaw. dealers should learn from them.

October 14, 2014

Blam88, I am happy to hear that your time spent at Shaw GMC was a pleasing experience. We pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. Congratulations on your new vehicle! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new vehicle, please come back to visit us. We are eager to see you again in the future. Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter so that you can take advantage of our many great specials and incentives. Sincerely, Dan Smith, General Manager, dsmith@shawgmc.com

Reviews of Francisco Hernandez