Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

4620 Blackfoot Trail SE,
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4G2
Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick Info
About Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

Shaw GMC is committed to you by delivering unprecedented customer service both when you buy your car and when you return to us for scheduled maintenance service. History of Shaw GMC: 1962 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick began selling trucks at 4620 Blackfoot Trail. At the core of the business was medium duty trucks. 1971 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick began sponsoring the Stampede Queen and Princesses. 1985 First major building renovation. 1992 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick begins selling Pontiac and Buick car lines and renovated the building to create a car showroom. 1996 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick merges with Shaw Lease. 1999 Shaw Truck Rentals established. 2000 www.shawgmc.com goes online. 2001 Shaw was awarded the rights to be Calgary's only Hummer dealer, creating the present Shaw GMC Pontiac Buick Hummer. 2002 General Motors declared that Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick sold more trucks than any GM Dealership in Canada 2004 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick nominated by Calgary Herald readers as best dealership in Calgary. 2005 www.shawgmc.com is completely revamped. 2006 Major building renovation, expanding the showrooms and service area. 2009 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick becomes Calgary's newest Chevrolet Dealer. 2009 Shaw becomes an authorized dealer for Isuzu Medium Duty Trucks. 2009 www.shawgmc.com gets a brand new, modern look. 2010 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick gets the rights to sell Corvette.

About Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

Gary
8/31/2015

"Raj Dhadda"

Fantastic Service and very very fast! I was in a need to close the deal on a replacement vehicle for one that had broken down,, Raj and Francisco were able to get me on the road in 24 hours with the vehicle I had wanted to drive away with.

pratt-ek
8/30/2015

"Best car buying experience !"

Personality of the dealer always makes or breaks the deal for me! I have walked out of car dealerships either gagging or laughing at some of the "sales lines" and pressure talk! Thankfully with Bob at Shaw GMC there was none of that, he was genuine and helpful making this car buying experience great!

Bob Montei

Annette
8/24/2015

"Best. Customer Service. Ever"

For me, buying cars ranks right up there with visiting the dentist!! But I needed a car and I needed a car immediately. I chose Shaw GMC because of the deals/prices we saw online - we visited Shaw GMC first and didn't go elsewhere! Bob and Eric were helpful, respectful and informative. They answered my questions and processed the sale in a timely manner. And I drove away with a new car. But I DIDN"T LIKE IT!!! By the next morning these two were back up to bat for me, informing me of the exchange program, helping me a find a a different car and getting one returned and the next one sold. These guys are amazing!!! They consistently showed a great attitude in the face of all my sales challenges, including smiles and laughter and conversation. I brought these guys keychains back from my most recent vacation - but they deserve a bonus! :) I will definitely recommend ShawGMC to friends and family!!

Bob Montei

so happy!
8/21/2015

"appreciation and gratitude"

Thanks to Peter Albadin for finding the perfect car for me, for taking me through the vehicle, showing me how everything worked and for getting me a great deal. Thanks also to Paul Cotter. He was great when an unexpected service showed up. He made the procees easy, got back to me through out the day, and was very reassuring through some very anxious moments. I also want to thank Gaby, the 'OK' guy, who OK'd the deal as well as the repair. It was a huge relief to me that Shawgmc took care of everything. Totally recommend this dealership. Appreciation and gratitude to everyone.

Peter Albadin Paul Cotter Gaby

August 21, 2015

I am happy to hear that your time spent at Shaw GMC was a pleasing experience. We pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. Congratulations on your new vehicle! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new vehicle, please come back to visit us. We are eager to see you again in the future! Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter so that you can take advantage of our many great specials and incentives. Sincerely, Gady Firmeza, Used Sales Manager - (403)287-5912, gfirmeza@shawgmc.com.

1Tonglen8
8/11/2015

"Extraordinary service from salesman, parts department, ey ."

We started working with Sean Spriggs, and Jodi-for internet sales, approximately two months prior to an in-face meeting and sale consummation. Our first appointment to meet and discuss our purchase options went awry, and to top it off--our batteries went dead at another location in Calgary. Out of desperation, we called Sean to request assistance in purchasing a replacement -- he not only assisted us by working with his parts department, but made numerous calls back and forth as an intermediary during his busy day, and made sure we received the batteries, which were delivered to us in the parking lot of a shopping mall. The delivery driver refused a cash tip! Sean wasn't sure he'd ever hear from us gain and still hadn't met us. A few weeks later, we again contacted Sean, made an appointment to meet with him and requested a few used vehicles be retrieved from other lots for our review. He obtained all the vehicles we wished to review, but we ended up throwing a curve ball and went for a new vehicle. He never flinched, but saw to our needs. This salesman is extraordinary! He is detailed oriented, know his product, is honest, fair, works hard for his customer, and performed beyond all expectations. We highly recommend Shaw GMC and especially Sean Spriggs as your sales representative.

August 13, 2015

Hey 1Tonglen8, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're so happy to hear that Sean was able to help you out! We're proud to have him as a part of our team. We appreciate you sharing your sales and parts experience with us and others and we look forward to servicing your new ride in the future. Contact us for anything, anytime. We're here to help! Sincerely, Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

NAND THAKKAR
7/31/2015

"EXCELLENT STAFF AND EXCELLENT SERVICE"

Requested Dianne Goodwin for service on coolant leaking through water pump seal on my 2007 Saturn Outlook XR. Her response was very prompt, knowledgeable and covered full technical details. She was very positive and helpful for resolving my vehicle's problem. She quickly confirmed my service appointment and shuttle rides for next day morning i.e. on July 30, 2015, 7.15 am. At the service center next day morning, I found service consultant Clinton Carpenter competent and helpful. He looked into complete history of my vehicle's VIN and confirmed that no recall is pending. My vehicle was ready in all technical aspects at 4.00 pm. I could not meet the actual technical persons performing work on my vehicle, but being a technical person myself and seeing the quality work on my vehicle, the team must be highly competent. I would recommend Shaw GMC to anyone requiring reliable and honest service on GM vehicles. Thank you Dianne, Clinton and Shaw GMC.

Dianne Goodwin and Clinton Carpenter

July 31, 2015

Dear Nand, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feelings about Dianne and Clinton. They are valuable team members that go above and beyond to meet our client’s needs, and we are so pleased that was your experience. It is truly rewarding to see your comments as they reflect a customer who takes the time to focus on the positive. Thank you very much for your feedback! Sincerely, Michael Tichbourne, Service Manager - (403) 287-5952, mtichbourne@shawgmc.com.

2 vehicles
7/27/2015

"We bought 2 vehicles!"

We went to Shaw on a recommendation from a friend to buy a pickup. We were introduced to Zach Ayers. In a short period of time our relationship moved from "car salesman" & customer to one of mutual friendship. We found Zach to be personable, knowledgeable, accommodating & professional in every way. Within a 2 week period I bought a truck, then the perfect car for my wife, a Buick Encore. I have no reservations recommending Shaw GMC to my friends and , in fact, I already have!

ZACH AYERS

July 28, 2015

Thanks for your review! We're so happy to hear that you were impressed by our service and our deals! We deeply value your relationship with Zach Ayers and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. Contact us for anything, anytime! Sincerely, Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

Dodger2
7/14/2015

"Satisfaction with Service!"

We recently purchased a 2014 Buick from Shaw GMC and Bob Mantei was our sales representative. He was very courteous and professional. Francisco Hernandez was excellent at explaining the financial end of it. Thumbs up for Shaw GMC dealership!

Bob Mantei

July 20, 2015

Dear Dodger2, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feelings about Bob and Francisco. They are valuable team members that go above and beyond to meet our client’s needs, and we are so pleased that was your experience. It is truly rewarding to see your comments as they reflect a customer who takes the time to focus on the positive. Thank you very much for your feedback! Sincerely, Gady Firmeza, Used Sales Manager - (403)287-5912, gfirmeza@shawgmc.com.

Brant
7/06/2015

"Nice until management steps in"

We went to Shw GMC because their ratings were good. The initial dealings were great, Eric, the salesman we dealt with was friendly. In the end, a feasible deal in our situation just didn't work out, and suddenly we had to deal with Curt the manager. He kept promising some great deal to be worked out and that someone would get back to us, which never happened, and when I called numerous times to have our deposit refunded I was ignored and lied to. I called once to talk to Curt and didn't get an answer, when I talked to a receptionist she said she just saw him talking to another manager, so when I texted him, he lied saying he wasn't in and would deal with it later. It has been a month, and they still have our $500 for a deal that fell through not on our end. Dealing with Shaganappi a few years ago to buy my truck was wonderful, and when someone I know dealt with Davis in Airdrie, and their deal didn't work out, they were refunded immediately.

July 20, 2015

Dear Brant, On behalf of Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick, I would like to apologize for your frustrating experience with our sales department. The situation you’ve described is not typical for our dealership, and your feedback has been taken into serious consideration. Your business is very important to us and we’d like to regain your trust. If you are open to discussing this issue in further detail, please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can work towards a resolution. Thank you for alerting me to this issue and I look forward to speaking with you soon. Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga, General Manager - (403) 287-5969, pkulaga@shawgmc.com.

Susan W.
6/30/2015

"Zero Knowledge / Taking Advantage of Women!!"

I've reviewed before but it appears to not have shown up :/ WORST company ever and even worse if you're a Single Woman. I got nothing I was promised: - keyless entry - on-Star free for six months - bluetooth You know...all those things you would expect on a vehicle made in 2015. Despite being told all those things were features on my truck, not one of them were delivered. I did get told after the fact that I should have asked better questions, questions I did ask btw and was lied to straight to my face! I have not encountered such a LACK of KNOWLEDGE of their own Inventory ever, I'm talking ALL of the staff they kept throwing at me - not a SINGLE person knew ANYTHING about my truck. They just randomly lie then send you on your way, like you're not going to figure the lie out. They simply look at it like it's their first day on the job. When asked to respond to me by Email only, I get zero response - not unexpected for a company that literally every word they spew is a LIE, would definitely not want to put in writing their false promises, right? Even when handing them their own mail, sent to my house, with my new truck's description would they honour their promise...."yea, that's just spam, sorry but no, you don't get that" Truly AWFUL people taking advantage of Single Women while promoting to help them - Disgusting! Was promised a 45 day check-up - on them - another pile of crap, they just wanted me to use up one of the oil changes I'm supposed to get free (which I still don't believe) - 45 days and my truck needs an oil change, really? They won't respond to me via email and I think they believe I will just cower away as they expect a Single woman on her own to do - well guess what Shaw, it's not happening! You WILL honour your promises or you WILL take your piece of junk back! Oh, did I mention, my 2 month old truck is a pile of junk already - Radio randomly shuts down, as does the dash digital display - That's what I get for buying from an uneducated, lying, horrible company I suppose :/ Susan Westgard Forget the canned answer Shaw - put it in writing only if you dare to honour what I was promised!

Peter (conveniently not listed lol)

Reviews of Francisco Hernandez