Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

4620 Blackfoot Trail SE,
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4G2
Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick Info
About Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

Shaw GMC is committed to you by delivering unprecedented customer service both when you buy your car and when you return to us for scheduled maintenance service. History of Shaw GMC: 1962 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick began selling trucks at 4620 Blackfoot Trail. At the core of the business was medium duty trucks. 1971 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick began sponsoring the Stampede Queen and Princesses. 1985 First major building renovation. 1992 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick begins selling Pontiac and Buick car lines and renovated the building to create a car showroom. 1996 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick merges with Shaw Lease. 1999 Shaw Truck Rentals established. 2000 www.shawgmc.com goes online. 2001 Shaw was awarded the rights to be Calgary's only Hummer dealer, creating the present Shaw GMC Pontiac Buick Hummer. 2002 General Motors declared that Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick sold more trucks than any GM Dealership in Canada 2004 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick nominated by Calgary Herald readers as best dealership in Calgary. 2005 www.shawgmc.com is completely revamped. 2006 Major building renovation, expanding the showrooms and service area. 2009 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick becomes Calgary's newest Chevrolet Dealer. 2009 Shaw becomes an authorized dealer for Isuzu Medium Duty Trucks. 2009 www.shawgmc.com gets a brand new, modern look. 2010 Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick gets the rights to sell Corvette.

About Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick

2 vehicles
7/27/2015

"We bought 2 vehicles!"

We went to Shaw on a recommendation from a friend to buy a pickup. We were introduced to Zach Ayers. In a short period of time our relationship moved from "car salesman" & customer to one of mutual friendship. We found Zach to be personable, knowledgeable, accommodating & professional in every way. Within a 2 week period I bought a truck, then the perfect car for my wife, a Buick Encore. I have no reservations recommending Shaw GMC to my friends and , in fact, I already have!

ZACH AYERS

July 28, 2015

Thanks for your review! We're so happy to hear that you were impressed by our service and our deals! We deeply value your relationship with Zach Ayers and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. Contact us for anything, anytime! Sincerely, Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

Dodger2
7/14/2015

"Satisfaction with Service!"

We recently purchased a 2014 Buick from Shaw GMC and Bob Mantei was our sales representative. He was very courteous and professional. Francisco Hernandez was excellent at explaining the financial end of it. Thumbs up for Shaw GMC dealership!

Bob Mantei

July 20, 2015

Dear Dodger2, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feelings about Bob and Francisco. They are valuable team members that go above and beyond to meet our client’s needs, and we are so pleased that was your experience. It is truly rewarding to see your comments as they reflect a customer who takes the time to focus on the positive. Thank you very much for your feedback! Sincerely, Gady Firmeza, Used Sales Manager - (403)287-5912, gfirmeza@shawgmc.com.

Brant
7/06/2015

"Nice until management steps in"

We went to Shw GMC because their ratings were good. The initial dealings were great, Eric, the salesman we dealt with was friendly. In the end, a feasible deal in our situation just didn't work out, and suddenly we had to deal with Curt the manager. He kept promising some great deal to be worked out and that someone would get back to us, which never happened, and when I called numerous times to have our deposit refunded I was ignored and lied to. I called once to talk to Curt and didn't get an answer, when I talked to a receptionist she said she just saw him talking to another manager, so when I texted him, he lied saying he wasn't in and would deal with it later. It has been a month, and they still have our $500 for a deal that fell through not on our end. Dealing with Shaganappi a few years ago to buy my truck was wonderful, and when someone I know dealt with Davis in Airdrie, and their deal didn't work out, they were refunded immediately.

July 20, 2015

Dear Brant, On behalf of Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick, I would like to apologize for your frustrating experience with our sales department. The situation you’ve described is not typical for our dealership, and your feedback has been taken into serious consideration. Your business is very important to us and we’d like to regain your trust. If you are open to discussing this issue in further detail, please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can work towards a resolution. Thank you for alerting me to this issue and I look forward to speaking with you soon. Sincerely, Piotr Kulaga, General Manager - (403) 287-5969, pkulaga@shawgmc.com.

Susan W.
6/30/2015

"Zero Knowledge / Taking Advantage of Women!!"

I've reviewed before but it appears to not have shown up :/ WORST company ever and even worse if you're a Single Woman. I got nothing I was promised: - keyless entry - on-Star free for six months - bluetooth You know...all those things you would expect on a vehicle made in 2015. Despite being told all those things were features on my truck, not one of them were delivered. I did get told after the fact that I should have asked better questions, questions I did ask btw and was lied to straight to my face! I have not encountered such a LACK of KNOWLEDGE of their own Inventory ever, I'm talking ALL of the staff they kept throwing at me - not a SINGLE person knew ANYTHING about my truck. They just randomly lie then send you on your way, like you're not going to figure the lie out. They simply look at it like it's their first day on the job. When asked to respond to me by Email only, I get zero response - not unexpected for a company that literally every word they spew is a LIE, would definitely not want to put in writing their false promises, right? Even when handing them their own mail, sent to my house, with my new truck's description would they honour their promise...."yea, that's just spam, sorry but no, you don't get that" Truly AWFUL people taking advantage of Single Women while promoting to help them - Disgusting! Was promised a 45 day check-up - on them - another pile of crap, they just wanted me to use up one of the oil changes I'm supposed to get free (which I still don't believe) - 45 days and my truck needs an oil change, really? They won't respond to me via email and I think they believe I will just cower away as they expect a Single woman on her own to do - well guess what Shaw, it's not happening! You WILL honour your promises or you WILL take your piece of junk back! Oh, did I mention, my 2 month old truck is a pile of junk already - Radio randomly shuts down, as does the dash digital display - That's what I get for buying from an uneducated, lying, horrible company I suppose :/ Susan Westgard Forget the canned answer Shaw - put it in writing only if you dare to honour what I was promised!

Peter (conveniently not listed lol)

Chinook
6/19/2015

"Great experience "

We just purchased a 2015 Yukon from shaw GMC. Sean Spriggs took very good care of us, he was very professional, and knew everything about the vehicle. He took us for a test drive and showed us how everything worked. We would absolutely recommend this dealer and Sean Spriggs. Thanks for a great experience guys!!

June 22, 2015

Chinook, thank you for leaving us such positive feedback. You were a great customer to help and we are so pleased to hear that you're happy. We will pass along your appreciation to Sean as it will surely make his day to hear from you! Best, Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

Tara
6/11/2015

"2015 Suburban"

My husband and I just bought a 2015 Chevy Suburban from Kyle Medland, we are extremely happy with Kyle's service and will be recommending him to everyone!! Thanks Kyle Medland and Francisco Hernendez we love our new vehicle!

Kyle Medland

June 11, 2015

Tara, I am happy to hear that your time spent at Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick was a pleasing experience. We pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. Congratulations on your new vehicle! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new vehicle, please come back to visit us. We are eager to see you again in the future! Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter so that you can take advantage of our many great specials and incentives. Sincerely, Gady Firmeza, Used Sales Manager - (403)287-5912, gfirmeza@shawgmc.com.

Encore, Encore!
6/06/2015

"VIP Service"

I just purchased a 2014 Buick Encore through Zach Ayers and I was very pleased with the way everything was handled and it was a very smooth process.

Zach Ayers

June 09, 2015

Hi Encore, Encore, We are so glad that Zach was able to help you find your new 2014 Buick Encore. We strive to ensure customer satisfaction, and hope you enjoy your new ride for years to come. Thank you for your review, but most importantly thank you for your business. Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

dealerrater
6/05/2015

"Efficient Service Experience but issues with work on Recall"

I used to go to Shagnappi GM but thought I'd give Shaw GMC a try after Shagnappi GM customer service levels dropping significantly. My car needed regular service and a recall done. Before I took my car in, I talked to Service Department service agents a great deal to figure out what exactly needs to be done for the regular maintenance; I was initially suggested a different set of service items than the owner's manual so it took some time to pin down what services were indeed needed or applicable. There were a few Service Adviser desks at the vehicle intake area when I took my car in. Rather surprising that nobody greeted me so I had to pause and look around for a few secs hoping someone would say something like a 'Hi' so I knew who was available to help me but nobody did. At the end I had to approach 1. It got better though after the initial setback; shuttle service was excellent and all work done efficiently before the end of the day. I however noticed some light scratch noise from under the steering wheel when turning; the recall was on the steering cable(recall # 14139) not a hard one as one would say but now I need to take my car back in to have this checked out. While I'd still give Shaw GMC another chance, I reserve my verdict of service quality at this dealership. Will update after their follow-up of the recall service.

Josh ServiceAdvisor

June 05, 2015

Dear dealerrater, We are sorry to hear that you had a less than excellent experience at the beginning of your visit with our service department. Each of our customers is a valued part of our operation and should be treated as such. We appreciate your feedback and hope that we can prove our commitment to customer service when you come for your next visit. Any feedback you have for us moving forward is more than welcome as we continue to strive to create the best service experience in the business. Sincerely, Michael Tichbourne, Service Manager - (403) 287-5952, mtichbourne@shawgmc.com.

TheAvengers
6/04/2015

"2 Great Experiences in a row!"

I have just purchased my second new vehicle from Shaw GMC... I have never been more pleased with the quality of service. From Dave Mospany in Sales to Jill Plewis in Finance. One would think that after the initial sale things would drop off to the way side.... Not here it only got better. If you want a new vehicle I strongly recommend Shaw GMC... BTW... Their on the Blackfoot!!!

June 04, 2015

The Avengers, I am happy to hear that your time spent at Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick was a pleasing experience. We pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. Congratulations on your new vehicle! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new vehicle, please come back to visit us. We are eager to see you again in the future! Be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter so that you can take advantage of our many great specials and incentives. Sincerely, Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

June 04, 2015

TheAvengers responded to this review

June 04, 2015

In my excitement I skipped a word in my review... it was supposed to say "never been more pleased"

carhappy
5/29/2015

"Kudos to Zach"

I just purchased a 2014 Buick Enclave with Zach's assistance and my experience dealing with him was exceptional. He was completely accommodating and if he didn't know the answer to one of my questions he admitted it and went and got correct information. Much appreciated Zach and thank you for making this a fun time!!!

Zachary Ayers

June 02, 2015

Hi Carhappy, We are so glad that Zach was able to help you find the right vehicle for you. We strive to ensure customer satisfaction, and hope you enjoy your new ride for years to come. Thank you for your review, but most importantly thank you for your business. Curt Folkett, Sales Manager - (403) 938-8436, cfolkett@shawgmc.com.

Reviews of Francisco Hernandez