Read Reviews Metro Ford

Manufacturers: Ford, Service Center

3.3

3.6

based on 10 reviews

Overall
3.4

3.4 out of 5

10 lifetime reviews

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Metro Ford

This dealership is not an active DealerRater® Certified Dealer.

Find a Certified Dealer near me

Write a review of Metro Ford

Our Location

Listing amenities is available exclusively to our Certified Dealer members.

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"Shameful Customer Service"

mike canada
7/11/2014 11:02:25 PM

General manager/customer service

My Review Of Metro Ford:

Purchased a vehicle from them only to have a huge portion of it actually fall off!!!Upon closer inspection, it was apparent that this issue could not possibly have gone unnoticed when they did their so called "inspection" before putting it on the lot! The customer service is unacceptable, they will not even attempt to find us the small part to fix the problem. Shame on them for not standing behind their product in the first place!!We have been faithful owners of Ford/Lincoln for almost 20 years, makes us seriously reconsider!Will never again return of recommend.

Twitter
"Excellent sales staff and experience"

Fordcustomer2
5/20/2014 2:08:03 AM

Des Langen

My Review Of Metro Ford:

I bought a used vehicle from Des Langen last summer and had such friendly, caring service that my mom decided to purchase her new vehicle there this year. As luck would have it, Des, who instantly remembered me and came out to greet us, ended up working with my mom to find her the perfect vehicle. Des was honest and went above and beyond to locate the vehicle she wanted. We are both very pleased with the service we received and would definitely recommend this location to others.

Twitter
"Today I brought our car in for service, and was treated..."

susanrn92
9/23/2013 9:38:20 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: Yes
Tim Ryan

My Review Of Metro Ford:

Today I brought our car in for service, and was treated so well I had to rave about it. I just came in the door and the guys at the desk, who were really busy, greeted me be name. They took the information with a smile and before I could ask for it, offered me a ride home. The drivers are excellent, and friendly. I answered only good for the quality of work because I don't know if the problem is completely rectified, probably by next week I will have driven more and feel more confident to say how the work went.

Twitter
"I have purchased four vehicles at Metro Motors, and my..."

slugmeister
9/7/2013 6:47:18 PM

My Review Of Metro Ford:

I have purchased four vehicles at Metro Motors, and my last purchase was the first new car. Every thing was done over the phone and internet since I live in a different city. Every step along the way, Kent and his team made sure that there were no loose end, and we had our car delivered by Ivan before we knew it. Never an issue, and we will continue to purchase our vehicles at Metro Motors.

Twitter
"After dealing with the Magnuson family before, I took my..."

ACKuma
8/28/2013 11:59:38 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (Used)

My Review Of Metro Ford:

After dealing with the Magnuson family before, I took my elderly in-laws to purchase a used vehicle from Metro Motors. Kent took the time to find out what they needed in a car and then brought out several options for them test drive. He then worked out payment options that they could work into their fixed income to accommodate the vehicle they chose. As the manager, he was juggling lots of other things for his staff but he never made us feel like we were bothering him and took the time make sure that my Inlaws understood every aspect of the deal, which was also way better than we had hoped for and left them some financial breathing room. When an issue showed up with the engine a few months down the road, we brought it in and it was fixed immediately under warranty and never bothered them again. I have referred several close friends and coworkers to Metro and they have all commented on the trust they have in the dealership and the great price and service. I am currently looking at upgrading my two family vehicles and there is no other place I will go!

Twitter
"Leased an F150 from here. Narrowed down the exact truck..."

ChristinaBrock
8/28/2013 2:13:41 PM

Kent
I don't remember the other names.

My Review Of Metro Ford:

Leased an F150 from here. Narrowed down the exact truck I wanted via online research to save time. Metro had the Truck, gave me a great price. The process was quick, friendly and efficient. Can't ask for more than that.

Twitter
"I was originally ordering a new 2014 Fiesta ST from Metro..."

DavieLam
8/22/2013 9:27:30 PM

Dave Mallinson

My Review Of Metro Ford:

I was originally ordering a new 2014 Fiesta ST from Metro Ford, but when I came in earlier this month to negotiate the price in terms of fees etc, Dave would say things like "honestly, I have 5 people waiting for this car, if you don't want it I can pass it on to them", "if you think you can get it sooner elsewhere, get it somewhere else", "I don't make enough on this so I don't really care", "honestly you're starting to piss me off by trying to prove me wrong". I was merely looking to negotiate on fees as other dealership has lower dealership fees, and in a second instance check up on the status of the order as another dealer offered to divert their alberta stock, he would repeat similar phrases and also say things like "honestly, you're starting to piss me off" and "honestly, just tell me you don't want it and I can pass it on to my other customers".

There are more examples of this rude behaviour even though I have never approached him with a rude demeanor. In fact, the reason I called the second time was because I wanted to stay with their dealership if the shipping times weren't too far off as I didn't want to feel like I wasted all of the sales' time.

After the second instance on the phone, I finally had enough of his attitude and I told him to cancel my order with the dealership.

Twitter
"I drive a Ford vehicle. Ford builds some of the most..."

Ryan_Cruz
7/28/2013 2:30:30 AM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
All Service Advisors

1.5

My Review Of Metro Ford:

I drive a Ford vehicle. Ford builds some of the most innovative vehicles of all the manufacturers. Unfortunately for Ford owners, poorly managed dealerships with improperly trained staff bring a negative reputation to the parent company. This is how Metro Motors has lost a customer for life, and lost the confidence in it's principal company.

I scheduled an appointment to have my vehicle serviced at Metro Motors on Saturday morning. This was to replace one spark plug which I was unable to change myself. I dropped my vehicle off at 8:00 as my appointment stated. I waited in the customer waiting area for my vehicle to be serviced. At around 10:30, I wanted to know how the progress was on my vehicle. I went back to the service department and inquired about the progress. I then learned, just at that time that they were delayed due to another work order that was scheduled before my vehicle. In essence, my vehicle was not even worked on at all and was sitting in the parking lot. I was then told that I will be contacted as soon as they are able to work on my vehicle. I was very irritated as I took time off work to have my vehicle serviced. I had breakfast at a nearby eatery to kill more time. At 12:00 I came by again and inquired about my vehicle, since I did not receive any call from the service department. I was told that my vehicle was not worked on at all and that it will take considerable time before they will get to it. So for 4 hours, or half a work day, I waited for absolutely nothing and walked away with absolutely nothing. Absolutely nothing but sheer disappointment and disbelief that a successful local Ford dealer would treat their customers with such unprofessionalism and lack of consideration.

I have since contacted Ford Canada, which has informed me that I must contact the management of Metro Motors. I have since contacted Metro Motors management and they have not returned my inquiries. If anything I simply wanted an answer as to why they would have my waiting for 4 hours to end up with nothing. If management can not find the time to answer my inquiries then I will find the time to make sure the public is known about their mistreatment of their customers.

I will continue to own a Ford vehicle, I simply won't ever bring it to Metro Motors. Metro Motors is involved in the community by supporting local charities and youth groups, but that does not take away from the realistic fact that they are a group of individuals who know nothing about proper management, customer service or business ethics. I would outright insist that anyone and everyone avoid this poor business all together.

Twitter
"Worst experience ever!!! I will never deal with them..."

jenoliver
4/17/2013 4:06:42 PM

Multiple from Management to Sales staff

Worst experience ever!!!
I will never deal with them EVER again. Purchased a brand new 2012 F150. The list of things that went wrong could go on forever!

-First they were 3 days late on getting the vehicle
-When i picked it up they hit another truck and put a dent in it
-they would not explain how they were going to fix it, they just kept telling me it will be like new when i get it back. Finally after days of arguing i demanded that the entire door and window be replaced. They did, but it took a lot of phone calls and getting mad
-When they finally received the truck and i went to pick it up, the financing guy did up the paperwork. I was about to sign and noticed the paperwork said interest rate 5.99%, but we had agreed upon 4.99%. 1% really is not much, but it is when your spending $40,000. After argument he very unhappily ripped up the documents and re did them. I was also asked to wait when i first showed up o get the truck as he had just gotten back from holidays and he hadn't had his morning coffee. So i sat in the display room and waited.
- I got a set of rims and snow tires, when i went to pick the truck up the rims were in boxes and the tires sitting in the back of my truck. I had to again demand that they mount and balance the tires.
- I paid for undercoating. They only undercoated part of the truck, the wheel wells were not done. It took them 3 different times picking it up and bringing it back for them to do a proper job. To me that is laziness, they did not want to take of the tires and mask the truck to properly under coat it
- I also paid about 600 for a spray on bed liner, complete waste of money. I could have gone private and gotten a proper job. It is a white truck and it is so thin you can see the paint through it. It has already chipped after moving a load of wood, so they picked it up and said it would be fixed. You can see where it chipped and they simply just painted over it. Not to mention it came back with over spray on the tailgate.
- they left me a rental car while they had the truck for a few days to fix these problems. They dropped it off at my work and picked up my truck. When i got in the car after work to go home, the gas light was on
-When they picked up my truck my spare tire was on the truck as i got a flat tire and they were going to repair it. When they dropped the truck off my spare was still on but the tire was missing. They had lost it. They said they would locate it and drop it off for me. I left work Friday afternoon to come back Monday with my tire sitting in front of my office door. I called them to ask why they would just leave it sitting there and they explained no it wasn't there all weekend, that they dropped it off first thing Monday morning. Another load of bull as i start work at 5 am and they do not open until 8am so there is no way it was dropped off Monday morning. They dropped it Friday afternoon and just left it there.
- Also was supposed to have my 6 month service done on the truck, they booked me an apt and said they would call to remind me a week prior. Well that apt was supposed to be on March 19th and it is now April 17th and i still have not heard a word from them.

After speaking with multiple people from upper management to simple salesmen, nothing has been done about any of these issues besides they did eventually replace the door and window. I have completely cut my losses with them and consider it a waste of money and hard lesson learnt.

Twitter
"We have been dealing with the Magnuson family for almost..."

yaletowners
1/11/2013 9:25:21 PM

Paul Arychuk
Jason Parker
Ivan Tominac
Layne Magnuson Sr.

My Review Of Metro Ford:

We have been dealing with the Magnuson family for almost 2 decades, leasing 3 vehicles and purchasing 1. The Metro Motors team doesn't miss an opportunity to exceed expectations - from pre purchase support to after sales service - and as a result are the destination new & used vehicle destination for me and my family.