GD Coates Suzuki

GD Coates Suzuki Info

Diane
9-27-2016

"Satisfied "

I was in a couple weeks ago to purchase another vehicle. First thing I noticed is they have a massive inventory with tons of variety. Vehicles seemed to look as if they were brand new. My experience with my sales person couldn't have been more pleasent. I am always hesitant to shopping for a vehicle because of the feeling most places leave me with. Il tell you this was the first time I felt this good about a purchase. There was no rush for me to decide my sales person took the time to get to know my needs and find the best fit. The prices were very respectable. Especially considering the quality of these vehicles. I would recommend this dealership to anyone who wants to buy a good used vehicle. Hopefully I won't need one for a long time but I know where I am going back when that time comes.

Brandon Johnson, Martin

Wendy
8-31-2016

"Gd Coates miracle workers"

I went to Gd Coates a month ago to buy an suv. After visiting a couple of dealerships this ended up my last stop. It only took about 2 minutes to know this is where I wanted to do business. The prices were great and there was a very big selection. My salesmen was very kind and took the time to show me all my options. Unlike most places which seemed not to care Gd Coates really took the time to help me pick the right vehicle. I would highly recommend this dealership and the sales person I had was Brandon Johnson. Very kind and pleasent young man. Next time I'm in the market again (which hopefully won't be for a long time) I know where I'm going and I know who I am going to see. Thank you Gd Coates I just love my suv.

Brandon Johnson.

Bought a Lemon from GD
8-19-2016

"Worst service, rude staff and they lie through their teeth "

Dealt with Gord Jackson....space cadet picked up the vehicle it wasn't even cleaned inside or out, when we came to sign we were informed that it would be through Klean Auto Leasing and that this would.help us to build credit now over 3 years later we find out not 1 payment has been reported to the credit bureau and we are stI'll no further ahead. Vehicle is junk , the key fob was cracked and falling apart they refused to fix it, the AC didn't work 2 months after buying it and they refused to fix it. When I have called in they were nothing but rude and dismissive talking to me like I am an idiot. Definitely will not ever deal with them again nor would I recommend them.

Gord Jackson

Nothappy
6-20-2016

"Worst customer service experience!!!!"

You would think the dealership would want to sell you a car? When it comes to GD Coates they don't! I chased around the finance manager for two weeks emailing him, calling him with no response from him. I showed up on a Sunday to talk with the manager as he told me he would be there. I show up and he is not there I am told he will be back soon. 3 hours later still no manger. I was so furious I left and never looked back.

Martin

ScamWatch
6-05-2016

"The shop purposely sabotaged my vehicle"

THE SHOP PURPOSELY SABOTAGED MY VEHICLE!! I took my vehicle in to fix a problem under the hood. The vehicle was solid and made literally no noises. They charged a hundred extra than what we agreed to on the phone (which I recorded). That isn't what I'm mad about. They purposely sabotaged my car in hopes I would come back to find out what the noise was that appeared the second I drove it off the lot. I could tell they did something. Turns out they purposely unbolted the top bolt of my brake caliper bracket so that it fell out. This is an old trick. An old trick only real crooks do. The trick is to slightly loosen one side so it makes noise, and to completely loosen off the top caliper bracket on the other side so that it falls right off. This will be extremely loud and ruin your brakes. They know its safe and that it wont cause an accident. But will force unsuspecting people to come back and pay them more. They usually only do it when you have fresh front brakes installed so that they can blame it on you, and say look the other side is loose too. I have not contacted them about it because I already know exactly what they'll say, and they will say to prove it. They should be investigated and shut down. That is abusing their license. I hope someone reading this gets an investigation started on them!!

service

Don't buy here
4-24-2016

"Do not buy here!!! Entrapment "

Bought many vehicles from here with there in house financing Klean Auto. Tried buying elsewhere but apparently I had 7 vehicles still financed with GD Coates. They don't send any info to credit bureau to clear past vehicles. So you are forced to buy here!!! Entrapment. They don't help your credit if nothing is filed with credit bureau. Just stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Whitworth aka DEVIL

scammed01
5-04-2014

"They say one thing and do another"

Friend was looking at buying an affordable used vehicle, by trading in her luxury vehicle. She explained her situation that she still had a lien on her vehicle and that she needed to be able to be clear of this lien in order to purchase this vehicle as she didn't have the means to be paying for a new vehicle and pay the remainder of the lien, sale person mr. Ted Thorn understood and stated so. He did a vehicle check and came back and offered a certain amount for a trade it. My friend then gave him the amount of what was left owing on the vehicle. we asked him if the trade in amount was in addition to paying off the lien, he hesitated a bit and said yes they could do that. so in order that we were clear I asked him if then the trade in value was the amount of the lien plus the amount he came back to us with, he agreed. Then once documentations were being started and we got the amount the payments would be we could not understand why the bi-weekly payments were so high, he assured us the numbers were right never telling us that he had rolled the existing lien to her vehicle back into the price. I know this is standard practice for car dealerships but that was not the agreement that was agreed upon with the sale guys. When the day the trade was being done my friend went to finalize the deal, the documentation had an additional $7000.00 added to the sales price of the car and $7000 added to the trade it value that confused her being that she is not a numbers person. She asked to have it explained and after several times trying to understand what was done on the paperwork Mr. Jones was beginning to get irritated with my friend. With all the numbers being added and subtracted on the bill of sales for paperwork purposes and not having been explained what each number down the line being explained to her so she completely understood the amount that she was actually paying. The end amount of the paper work was over $41,000.00 for a 2011 vehicle with over 125,000 km on it. The price of the vehicle was $ 23 736.00 and she ended up with an ending cost of over $34,000. For the sake of all things that are good in this world she could have purchased a brand new 2014 to fit her need and would still come out with less of a bi-weekly payment. She called me the following morning to go over the paperwork because she felt that there was something wrong and was very upset. When called to discuss this with them, they were rude and defensive and denied what they had said to both of us on the first visit. She would have never agreed to trade her luxury vehicle for only a $5000 trade in when it was evidently worth far more than that. She was absolutely taken advantage of and I would never recommend this dealership to anyone.

Ted Thorn and Duane Jones

kgouther
7-18-2013

"This was the first time I was treated like a valuable..."

This was the first time I was treated like a valuable customer. I am a female and have always been lied to by dealerships and mechanics and still feel I was not lied to. Gord had me look all around the car for damages, scrapes etc. and told me about the drivers seat ability to lift me up higher so I did not have to use a pillow, thank you. I rate this company now because I have had my used vehicle for a 1.5 years and have had no problems and the prices are very good.

Gord

eva1986
2-23-2012

"The customer service that I recived when I purchased my..."

The customer service that I recived when I purchased my vehicle 2 years ago was disgraceful. The man I dealt with was rude, and unproffesional when answering my questions. 1 day after I drove the car home the windsheild crack that was the size of pea cracked the entire wind sheild and the dealership refused to fix it stating that they had not noticed it, even though it was mentioned in their report. I have had nothing but problems with the car since I bought it. Overall it was a bad experiance.

Not sure

kiffer850
9-22-2011

"I have purchased two Suzuki vehicles from this dealer so..."

I have purchased two Suzuki vehicles from this dealer so far, a 2001 XL-7 and a 2006 XL-7. Both times I purchased them for a very good price, received good value for my trade-in and received excellent customer service. The sales person was knowledgeable about the product and was straightforward, honest and friendly. I dealt with him for both purchases and would deal with him again. Both vehicles were lightly used when I purchased them and have been very reliable, with no defects or issues that were not disclosed to me at time of sale. The service department is friendly, knowledgeable about the product, does not suggest unnecessary maintenance and is honest when reporting to me on work required and changes in work scope. I have had 95% of my regular maintenance performed there because of their service, and I live 50km away. I have never had to return to the shop due to mistakes - it has always been done right the first time. The only minor issue that I have with the service department is that if they need to replace anything other than a standard wear item, they may not have the part in stock. I have had to return after an initial visit because the part was not available. Personally, I don't mind this too much because I consider it a small price to pay for reliable service, but others may not think so. Overall, my experience with GD Coates has been excellent over the last 10 years, and I would recommend them to anybody.

Dan Snow, Darryl Dyck, Brian Coates