DOW Honda

DOW Honda Info

Civic Motors Honda

sainrob
3/28/2015

"Don't purchase your vehicles there!!!"

Very unprofessional, and they are not trustworthy!!!! I bought a car few months ago with tinted windows. Before I bought the vehicle, I repeatedly asked the salesman if the tints were in accordance with the law and He replied that they have been checked and are fine! I believed him until I got pulled over and received my first ticket... The cop told me to go back to the dealer to discuss that.. I contacted the dealer 2 times!!! And both times, the operator told me the manager would call me to talk to me the same day.. It has been a few weeks.. It's very unprofessional and they don't care about their customers. They are not very friendly either. I don't recommend anyone to do business with them..

amil

setterbob
3/03/2015

"Easiest new car negotiation ever!"

Excellent sales department. Made a deal quick and easy with no high pressure or tricks. Nailed our target price and even bought us breakfast. Easiest new car negotiation ever.

Robert Defarias

Tony Maxwell
11/16/2014

"Great service (with one exception) over the past nine years"

I own a 2005 Accord - best car I have ever owned. Since I live near Dow (their Carling location), I have made a point of always taking the car there for service. With one exception, I have always been happy with the service. On several occasions they discouraged me from having service routines or tests done, saying it would probably be a waste of money. Recently, the parts guy replaced the battery in my key fob for only the cost of the battery. The one exception to this generally happy story, was when I was told, at 57,000 km (mostly highway) that I needed new (not resurfaced) rear rotors (the fronts had been resurfaced at 71,000 km.). I am still suspicious about this incident but did not want to argue (brakes are important, right?). After nearly ten years, I am getting ready to replace my beautiful car but, with Dow moving out to the western suburbs, it probably won't be from Dow and may not be a Honda. Too bad.

Service personnel generally

Blue-sky
10/27/2014

"Awkward sales approach"

The staff at Dow Honda seemed like genuinely nice people, but their approach could use some work. The salesman who we dealt with didn't ask us about our needs or even really volunteer any information about the cars; he basically just stood off to the side quietly while we looked at them. Same thing during the test drive - there was no explanation or info offered, just short, basic answers to my questions. I appreciate a salesperson who doesn't push too hard, but this was excessive. But then at the end of our visit, while quoting us a price, he suddenly started piling on the pressure tactics. It was altogether fairly off-putting. It's a shame because they were friendly and welcoming in other ways, but totally ineffective as a sales experience.

Not sure of name

cameronoishi
9/01/2014

"Great service!"

I was served by the sales associate, Behzad Nadem. He was very open and down-to-earth in his approach to the car lease. I felt like I could trust him. He offered me a great deal on my new Honda Accord. He was not pushy and had no pressure sales tactics. He answered all my questions patiently and in simple terms, the way I wanted it explained to me as a first-time leaser. Nicky La was the financial services manager and also did a great job. She explained things very simply, clearly, and patiently. By the end, I felt like I understood well what I was getting into and felt more confident about my decision. Great work, you guys! Thanks, Cameron

Behzad Nadem & Nicky La

valeriejc
7/26/2014

"Wonderful Experience"

Buying a new car can be a very tedious and difficult task for many people, especially a young student like myself. The lovely thing about this dealership is that I didn't feel pressured at all to buy a car right then and there. I was warmly welcomed by the salesperson Sean Houston. He was very friendly and able to take the edge off of the daunting decision of buying a brand new car. Not only was he able to relate to me as a student, but he was able to identify specifically with my parents. Sean was very knowledgeable in the car I was interested in and was able to meet my needs financially. Although I did not end up buying a car that day, I will certainly come back to see Sean again. It was very nice to deal with such a young and educated individual, particularly in the automotive industry. There is nothing quite like a salesperson who genuinely cares for his client's needs and not just his own. Thank you for such a delightful and informative first experience at DOW Honda.

Sean Houston

7/11/2014

"Bad initial experience, but second chances do exist."

Found a rare used Acura RSX on the lot. My first trip was not very good. The first salesperson was rather pushy and would not let me test drive without confirming to buy, and so I walked out. However, another salesman, Joseph Wanna gave me a call, and I gave him a second chance. Joseph went over and beyond what he should need to do as a car salesman. He came in on his off days to workout the plans, he gave me extremely good discounts for some of the troubles we ran into. He even picked me up after I dropped the car off at a garage to get it serviced. (Car was as is) Overall great guy, if you are buying used, ask for Joseph.

Joseph Wanna

MAMS
2/17/2014

"I took my Fit in because of a drained battery. They..."

I took my Fit in because of a drained battery. They fitted me in promptly and could have easily just sold me a new battery. Instead they tested my battery, figured out why it had drained and recharged it. This was my second experience in which they could have done some work but instead just did what was necessary, saving me money.

Can't remember

agbevan
12/16/2013

"Went to get a spare key cut. The key cost a lot but that..."

Went to get a spare key cut. The key cost a lot but that is not the dealer's fault. My car is from 2006 so they needed to custom cut the key to match the ignition cylinder wear. The key works well. Only complaint with the service was that it took longer than expected because a bay wasn't available when I arrived. All the staff are very straight forward and informative. I'll go back.

JOE

ottawa_ca
12/29/2012

"David was very attentive and not pushy like other car..."

David was very attentive and not pushy like other car sales people. He provided us we the info we needed to make an informative decision and in actual fact we decided to lease instead of purchasing a new CR-V after crushing the numbers with David. Pricing was competitive and our trade-in value for our used car was fair. We have not picked up the car yet so I'm only commenting on our terrific showroom experience.

David Kotkowski