In the spring of 1926, Andrew A. Murray established a business in Souris, Manitoba, from which he sold "Star" cars - and later Essex and Hudson cars. In 1934 Murray's Garage began to handle General Motors cars and trucks, an association, which has continued since that time.
In 1946 two of Andy Murray's sons, Ewart and Clair, joined the firm following their discharge from the Armed Forces. At the same time a third son, Del, joined his father in "Murray's Farm Equipment". Ewart and Clair remained with "Murray's Garage" at Souris, operating the dealership through two facilities expansions. By 1957, they employed 24 people.
In 1960 Clair purchased Brandon Automobiles Ltd. and was the Pontiac-Buick dealer in Brandon until 1971, when Brandon Automobiles (1959) Ltd. was purchased by his brother Ewart. Ewart operated that dealership until his death in 1981.
Clair established Murray Chev-Olds-Cadillac Ltd. in May, 1971, operating out of rented facilities at 1906 Park Avenue. A new facility to house the rapidly-expanding business was built on six acres at 1500 Richmond Avenue and was opened for use in September 1974.
In August, 1979, Clair's eldest son, Doug, joined the firm of Murray Chev-Olds-Cadillac, becoming the first of the third generation of Murray's to make a career in the automobile business. Since then, Clair's other three sons have joined the Automotive business: Paul, Danny and Chris are all running dealerships outside of Brandon after getting their training at the "home dealership" in Brandon.
Also affiliated with the four Murray Dealerships are 16 dealerships of which 10 are owned and managed by people who worked their way up to Managers with Murrays, then partners: Craig Dunn in Portage La Prairie, Dean Cooley in Dauphin, Charles Van Den Broek in Moose Jaw, Clark Lang in Fort St. John, Ian Gray in The Pas, Brian Carlson in Estevan, Rob Taylor in Abbotsford, Scott Robertson in Merritt, Lyall Cook in Nipawin, Dwight Kurtz in Leduc.