STAY AWAY at all costs.
If you value your time, your money, your honour, or your mind, STAY AWAY.
If you choose to ignore my warning, here are a list of things you are to expect in dealing with anyone at Darryl's Best Buys:
- a total misrepresentation of facts
- refusing to show you the claims history of the car or an inspection report
- lying through their teeth every step of the way
- in response to a legitimate question you will hear instead: "We're a family ran business."
- you will guaranteed lose minimum of $400
- once you reach an agreement, they will notice a new issue with the car that they have to fix at your cost. But you have to pay them before they do it. And if your car breaks down the next day, they expect you absorb the cost of the fix before you return the car.
- your calls will be ignored after purchasing a car
- after you raise an issue before taking the car off their lot, you will hear:
"Oh, this is natural. Just drive it for 100k and it'll go away" They said that twice about two major issues that renders a car unsafe (struts missing a major component, the check engine light is on for a faulty throttle, and the car leaks over a litre of coolant a day)
- your appointments will perpetually be postponed to an unknown time in the distant future
- they will pick up and hang up on you right after.
- your phone reception will magically fail when you raise an issue or ask a tough question (ie, what is the milage on the car)
they: "You're cutting out, buddy… I can't hear you anymore"
me: "Okay, I'll call you back at 3."
they: "Okay. Talk to you then."
- they will hustle you for your very last cent.
- you will lose over a week of your life trying to resolve a minor issue
- the car you get from them will break down the following day
- you will hear: "This conversation is over." before they hang up on you.
- you will lose hope in all humanity.