Awful experience: Very unprofessional, lack of customer service skills, the list goes on.
I would not recommend this dealership to ANYONE. This happened over the course of two weeks:
1) The car I purchased, was supposed to be black not blue:
- Sales rep understood that I wanted a black car, we had looked at about 6 cars. He even showed me a silver one and my decision was still “it’s not black”.
- Sales rep had texted me indicating it was black and their own inventory list said black.
- After papers were signed and I had visited MPI, walking back I noticed the car outside was in fact a dark blue.
- The finance manager Daniel Riberio offered for me to take it as is, as it was too much of a hassle to paint and said they would refund me my deposit. Told them no, as it was not black and black is what I wanted to purchase.
- Daniel then offered for me to have the car wrapped in black by a company named VPS and said it had a 10 year warranty and showed me their website. I agreed as 10 years would take me past my 7 year loan and then it would be the colour I wanted. I asked for this in writing.
2) The wrap was peeling on the bumper ONE day after being returned to me.
3) A safety light came on after only 4 days after purchase.
4) Lack of communication and professionalism from Finance Manager – Daniel Riberio
- I sent Daniel two emails after purchase date requesting the 10 year warranty for the wrap on the car in writing – NO REPLY
- I had to call the dealership to get ahold of him. He told me that all the warranty was done through the dealership; At this point I had indicated to him the wrap was peeling and he said he would take care of it.
5) They changed the wrap company without communicating it to me first; that of which the warranty was now only 5 years as opposed to the 10 we originally discussed. Daniel had indicated that “he had no idea” they switched it and that it was “due to time constraints” although I had never requested a rush on it being done. I later found out the original company doesn't even offer the 10 year warranty and that Daniel was wrong.
6) Failed to provide all warranty documents; I was sent home missing documents on two warranties I had purchased. When requested, they provided me with unsigned copies with an incorrect address and a different finance managers name.
7) Advised that I had one year of warranty left on my car as it was a 2017 and they told me my 2 year extended would kick in after that one year manufacturer's warranty remaining was over. However, that was a lie as the original inservice date of the car was August 2016 and technically by MY date of purchase the manufacturers warranty was already DONE.
8) Sales manager Cody Wood lied about cost of the wrap as after calling the company who did it, they indicated it was $2800 “give or take” when Cody told me they had spent 4k.
9) I also found out, that because panels on the car were repainted at one point, that the paint can peel underneath the wrap and that it is not warrantied – Enova had also mentioned this to them which they failed to relay to me.
10) Sales manager was rude and condescending over email using words like “literally”, telling me I'm confused, insisting that I have a "my way or the highway attitude" and saying "the highway it is" as though I was inconveniencing him by asking for compensation for my troubles. I mentioned multiple times I had wanted to resolve this at the dealership level.
11) I still have NOT received any documents regarding a warranty for the wrap on my car. Or any of the signed documents from my gap protection and my tire and rim protection.
12) The wrap is peeling for a SECOND time.
Buying a new car should be exciting and you should be able to trust the experts to help you find what you WANT especially when spending THOUSANDS of dollars. I feel I was taken advantage of for my lack of knowledge and being a woman. I was trying to be reasonable during this entire process and it seems that now that the deal is done that the dealership has turned on me and they are no longer interested in keeping me as a customer.