"A great vehicle, an average experience"
- Snelli Ko
I bought a 2013 ML350 about a month back. Waited this long before I wrote a review to make sure the vehicle didn’t have any after-sale issues. The reasons will be evident as you read along.
- Keith Johnson and Jeff Hansford (employees) are easier to deal with.
- The car has been running smooth, thus far – with slight cosmetic issues (my bad! – should have inspected it with a finer tooth comb before purchasing). But the rest of the vehicle was as good as I had imagined.
- The dealership talks about a ‘no haggle price’ when time came to negotiation. Neither JP nor I budged from our initial offers. However, 2 weeks later JP themselves lowered the price to a point that was lower than my offer – Good for me, I guess! In hindsight, can’t complain but still nerve wracking when you see a good vehicle (that is slightly over your budget) and walking away from it over a tiny price difference, with a risk that someone else would purchase it. Anyways, all’s well that ended well.
- Their one key policy is a hassle. None of the salesmen can tell you whether the vehicle comes with a second key. I understand that it’s their company policy but it’s an inconvenience to the customer when they want to budget the cost of a second key (especially if you have a touch start) which can cost you close to $500 for some vehicles. You only find out (about the second key) on the day of delivery. In my case, I did have a second key however it was broken and mended with some scotch tape.
- When I put down a deposit for the vehicle, I made sure that JP was aware of a few things to be corrected/repaired before delivery. I made sure to write these points in the contract. A week passes and I'm called in for delivery and we notice, right away that the work has not been done properly. We bring it to Henry Sterczewski’s (the salesman we were dealing with) attention and the response was “that’s the best we can do”.
- After much back and forth, where we were told that it’s a used vehicle implying that such things were to be expected and for the price we were paying for the vehicle, the “minor work” should be ignored, all of which just left a bad taste with us. We were then offered our deposit back (thus nullifying the sale) – which was fine with us – given the not-so-perfect experience we were enduring (kept thinking – what else could be wrong with the car, that was blind to the eye). It sounded like Henry wanted to call our bluff. We jumped at it and asked for our deposit to be refunded – at which point Henry was removed from the process and Jeff (the manager) got involved. Jeff had the fixes done (professionally) in a day and saved the sale for JP (Jeff also agreed that the repairs were minor and should have been done right in the first place).
- Also another minor point - on delivery, the gas tank was near empty which added to my already sour experience.
The lesson here is – make sure the vehicle is inspected and any rectifications/repairs (no matter how minor) should be put down in writing (on the bill of purchase). Also don’t accept any of the repair work until it meets your standards, no matter how pushy the salesperson gets.
Needless to say, the experience of a vehicle purchase was not the best, at JP Motors – there were a few bright spots but the cons outweighed the pros for me! The only reason I pursued it was for the vehicle (make, model, mileage and how well the previous owner had maintained it).
"You must inspect used cars probably before buying "
Hi there, I traded-in my Ram 1500, 2017 for Ford Fusion Hybrid 2013 last Jun 2019, and here is a review of my experience there:
So after looking at the Fusion I’ve requested the sales person Sasha Barns to change all breaks and to have their technician to look at the engine, transmission and the electric motor.
On the pick-up day, I looked at the rear breaks and it wasn’t replaced but just painted silver to hide the rust, when I asked the sales person she couldn’t tell if it was replaced or serviced but after driving the car I could hear a hessing noise from the rear breaks, I took it back to their service department they told me it’s just the electric motor noise “BS”
On the second day the check-engine sign popped out I took it back to their service department and they got it fixed. After a week the radiator fan started to make a crazy noise I took it back they said don’t worry it’s not dangerous and that the car is good to drive. After my first oil change I took it to my mechanic he noticed an oil leak from Transmission and Engine Main Seal, I took back to them they’ve confirmed the leak but they told me that we are sorry we don’t have a certified hybrid car technician and that they won’t pay for any repair fees at the dealership. Now I’m stuck with this car and I can’t drive it anymore because they won’t fix it or pay for fixing it.
An advise for all used cars buyers: please take the car to the dealership to have it inspected probably before buying it, it would cost you a couple of hundreds to have it probably inspected but it’s a peace of mind.
"VW Tiguan "
Sasha and Zaina made this process so so easy! These ladies were both accommodating and knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process! Thank you so much. I love my new ride! XO
Other Employees Tagged:
I purchased a Ford Explorer at JP Motors and can say without hesitation that Keith was the best person to deal with, in the chain of people I had to deal with, before picking up my vehicle. He was courteous, patient and extremely accommodating and cooperative. Good job Keith, people like you make any establishment proud.
"Car purchase "
- Pony owner
I recently purchased a car from JP Motors and so far happy with purchase
The dealership as well as Connie and Sasha were very patient and understanding as I took a week to determine and figure out all costs before agreeing to purchase
Connie did all she could do to ensure I received the best rates possible and answered all questions promptly
Sasha was very informative on my test drive ensuring I knew all what I needed to know before purchase
At pick up time I sat with Keith who went over the details of purchase and ensured car was cleaned and ready to go
Good job JP. If you decide to purchase a vehicle from them you won’t go wrong
"Smooth and Easy"
It was a pleasure dealing with Sasha and Connie. They made us feel very comfortable. It’s a great place to deal with. Again thank you for the pleasant experience.
Glen & Kathy Gerrior
- Happy customer
I purchased a 2016 VW Tiquan. Very happy with my purchase overall. Sasha Barns was great to work with. She was very knowledgeable and kept me up to date on the progress of the deal. I would highly recommend JP Motors and especially Sasha. Very professional from purchase with Sasha to delivery with Keith, Thank you.
"Huge leap into new to me Silverado "
My buddy recommend I talk to his girl Sasha at JP when we were talking about me wanting a new truck. I didn’t think I could get one, but I texted Sasha and she happily helped me look at vehicles, she also helped assure me I could trade in my car I’m presently financing.
I went in and test drove what is now my truck and was loving it. We started some paper work and she told me Nick from financing would Like to see me at his office. I went in and we talked. He assured me he could finance my vehicle for me. I walked away with a better rate of interest than previously and a shiny new truck tonight. Only two days after approval.
"They sell a lot of cars... for good reason!"
I walked in and was met with Sasha's smiling face, she made it comfortable and easy when I decided to purchase my new Lincoln (new to me!), she was efficient and a pleasure to deal with.
When it came to financing, I was transitioned to another smiling face, Connie, she knows her stuff! It was almost too easy to buy a car. Connie gives you many options on financing and warranties and makes you walk away feeling, You came to the right place! Well done Ladies!
"Honest, Direct, Forward and Friendly!"
I just purchased my new Cadillac CTS from JP motors. Sasha was my sals rep and she was so knowledgeable and patient with me and helped my find my perfect car. She was very personable and not pushy in any way which is very hard to find in this business. Nicholas Macloud was the finance manager who went above and beyond to help me with my financing. I have a low credit score and have been turned away from several dealerships. I thought it was going to be impossible for me to get a car or financing. Not only did Nicholas get me approved he got the lowest interest rate with very little down. I just bought the car of my dreams and it wouldn’t have been possible without all the efforts put in by Nicholas. Thank you JP motors for helping my dreams come true! I will recommend you to all my friends and family!!