Winegard Ford Lincoln

Ron Winegard, Used Vehicle Sales Manager, Winegard Ford Lincoln

Ron Winegard

Used Vehicle Sales Manager

May 26, 2017

"I was kicked out of the service department."

- Jason W

On May 24th 2017 I arrived at Winegard Ford (Ford dealership in Caledonia Ont.) for a scheduled appointment at 9:00 am that was made two weeks in advance. I arrived on time with my wife to drop off the vehicle. We were dropping off a 2017 Ford Explorer for an oil change and removal of factory installed running boards. I have been going to this dealership for just over 15 years with all of my Ford vehicles whenever the vehicle in question needed anything. The kind of place where everyone knows my name and I know most that work there. (small town) I was expecting this visit to be like every other one over the last 15 years(it has to be over 100 times) As soon as we arrived one of the owners walked past my wife getting out of her car and took a good look at her rear license plate. When he saw it he mumbled something to me as he passed me that sounded like “were not working on that truck, I’ll get your keys”. At the time I assumes he was talking into an earpiece or about something else. I followed him into the service department where he angrily said something to the service advisor and then left. I was waiting for the service advisor to get a moment so I could give him my keys as he was frantically looking for something. It turns out he was looking for my keys which I still held. As soon as he saw me he said “Jason, who took your keys?”. I told him I was still holding them. He then proceeded to tell me to keep them as they could not work on my car and take it in for the appointment I booked. I asked if I had the wrong day or time. Maybe it was my mistake. He said no. I was there on time its just that the owner came in and told him to give my keys back and not to work on my car. He also told him to tell me to take it back to the dealership where I purchased it. At this point the service manager came out and got involved and I asked him if he was serious. Hundreds of people in our small town take their vehicles here for work and did not purchase them there. He said he was. He apologized to me and said there was nothing he could do, the owner signs his cheques. (the owner is his uncle) In front of everyone there I was getting kicked out of the dealership and being told I had to go. This was very embarrassing considering we are in a small town to be kicked out in this manner for doing nothing wrong. Back story; I tried to buy both my current Ford vehicles at this dealership first before I looked anywhere else. I try to shop local whenever I can. With the disparity in pricing between dealers I was able to locate my truck at a different dealer for approx.$15,000 less (this includes the extra $8000.00 I got for my trade in plus the difference in dealer price) and just over $5000.00 for my wife's car. I'm not complaining about the pricing everyone has a right to charge what they please. It was the same owner who gave me the higher quote for my wife's car that told service to kick me out of there.

Kevin Weaver
Ben Winegard
Ron Winegard

May 13, 2017

"Excellent Service "

- Platinum white

I bought the 2017 F250. I decided to get it lifted and a few more accessories and I received excellent service from everyone. Parts, Service and Sales. They went above and beyond and helped me get some insurance and get me a better rate on my financing. Overall good people !

Barrie Winegard

November 07, 2016

"Honesty by all."

- Horse folks

Purchased two new cars in the last three years. Brandon was a big help. Honest. No bs. Any service required was prompt and ON TIME,thanks to Ben and all in the service dept. no complaints. Everyone has done exactly what they say they would do. Very unusual in this age of spin doctors and political correctness!!! Thanks to all.

Brandon,Ben,et all