Southtown Chrysler

Makes: Chrysler|Dodge|Jeep|Ram|Service Center

Average

Southtown Chrysler
Southtown Chrysler Info

"Myself, my wife and my son have bought vehicles here and..."

Myself, my wife and my son have bought vehicles here and I have sent numerous people to purchase vehicles here in the past. I have accumulated over $1500 in Goauto money and every time I try to spend it in the service and parts department I get a run around and phone calls are very rarely returned. The prices for purchasing the vehicle was very good but everything other then that has been a disaster. I would rather pay a few extra dollars on the purchase price and have good service then receive the treatment I am getting now. I would not recommend this dealership ever again. In May my Jeep will be paid off and I will be purchasing another new vehicle and I guarantee that it will not be from Southtown Chrysler. They have gone through many personnel changes and I cant say that they are for the better. Do yourself a favor and save all the frustration and aggravation and deal with a different dealership.

service and parts departments

"great always fast and easy by son and daughter both..."

great always fast and easy by son and daughter both bought there.will go back for sales and service. like the sales person we dealt with. thanks

nicole koch ,adrian ramial

"They have a big gong hanging in the entrance, which makes..."

They have a big gong hanging in the entrance, which makes sense because they're a total gong show. Three months of getting jerked around and no vehicle in the end. After Southtown couldn't find a Grand Caravan with the specs we wanted, we factory ordered, many times mentioning how we were looking forward to having a DVD player for the kids. The day after we sign the build sheet, another dealer offers to undercut by $500 for a vehicle on their lot - my wife wants to do it, I say no, that's not right, we signed a deal. I should have listened to my wife. Weeks later the factory order shows up - no DVD. Too late to factory order another one, back to square one looking for vehicles across western Canada. The other dealership no longer has their vehicle, and stock of 2013s is tighter than ever, we have to relax our wish list. Southtown sends us three PDF vehicle summaries with prices in the body of the email. The "Winnipeg" vehicle looks all right - the specs in the body of the email don't quite match the specs in the attachment, but the attachment is official, right? Yeah, right. We negotiate, back and forth by email, finally go to the dealership in person and hammer out an agreement including a trade of our old vehicle. We leave the dealership Wednesday night, dealer assures us the vehicle is still available, it's a done deal, congratulations. Fantastic, we go home happy. Thursday, the dealer emails - sorry, the Winnipeg vehicle is gone after all. Offers to get us a 2014 with the same specs, same price. We started this whole business mid-May. It is now August. We're tired of this crap, just want a van, and say okay. He sends us a factory order build sheet, but it has lower options than the Winnipeg vehicle. I say so. He says no it doesn't, that's the same as the Winnipeg vehicle. I double-check the Winnipeg PDF. It has more options than he's offering. WTF? Do some more digging, finally, I figure it out. Get this - he got the titles of the three PDFs mixed up, the whole time we had been negotiating on different vehicles. Complete and utter waste of time. At this point, how do you think a dealer should respond? Maybe with profuse apology? Southtown could have earned our business for life by offering the 2014 with the higher option level, and taking the $1,000 hit (or whatever). They lose $1,000 every time their accountant sneezes, and would have made it back many times over in service. I suggest as much. But no. Their response is "sorry for the misunderstanding", as though it was partly my fault. We walked away. I'd no sooner go back to Southtown to buy a vehicle than let a spastic eight year old do my dentistry. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

T D'H