Southtown Chrysler

Ponoka Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Crosstown Auto Centre

Frustrated780
2/02/2015

"DON'T come here for service"

The first tenet of customer service is that you keep your customer apprised of the situation. No call, no follow up nothing. I had to call and get the update on my 2013 Dodge Journey vehicle what had been booked in for MINOR warranty repairs on a Friday. When I had to call them at 3:00p.m. they told me that my car was not safe to drive and would not be available until likely next Wednesday. The reason - no parts available, no loaner available, so I was left to scramble for a rental car. The only saving grace was their shuttle driver who went out of the way to pick me up and take me home at least. This will be the last time these clowns get my business. Even previous attempts to get a "quick lube" oil change on a Saturday morning was a frustrating 2 hour wait in a 4 car line up. My 16 year old son could have changed the oil on all those vehicles in half the time. Tsk Tsk Southtown Dodge.

service department

JD47
1/28/2015

"Scam City"

We have been a Dodge family for generations starting with my grandfather and will continue to do so since we stand by the product yet WILL NOT shop here or recommend our network of family and friends to do so here. From top to bottom, a complete circus act with the sales advisor acting more like a order taker rather than a professional, consistently running to the manager for assistance. The sales manager Terry D'Aoust reeked of slime ball with his tactics and my fiancée found him to be a complete creep when I was not around; I am sure Chrysler Canada would be proud. They have thin walls in their Sales Office and I was at least treated to a show with their General Manager Jimmy Pietrarca going on a temper tantrum which just completely ended the experience for us. We will not go back and I heavily recommend that you respect your own time and avoid this place.

Terry D'Aoust

Kozzy
2/27/2014

"Myself, my wife and my son have bought vehicles here and..."

Myself, my wife and my son have bought vehicles here and I have sent numerous people to purchase vehicles here in the past. I have accumulated over $1500 in Goauto money and every time I try to spend it in the service and parts department I get a run around and phone calls are very rarely returned. The prices for purchasing the vehicle was very good but everything other then that has been a disaster. I would rather pay a few extra dollars on the purchase price and have good service then receive the treatment I am getting now. I would not recommend this dealership ever again. In May my Jeep will be paid off and I will be purchasing another new vehicle and I guarantee that it will not be from Southtown Chrysler. They have gone through many personnel changes and I cant say that they are for the better. Do yourself a favor and save all the frustration and aggravation and deal with a different dealership.

service and parts departments

gertogo1
1/28/2014

"great always fast and easy by son and daughter both..."

great always fast and easy by son and daughter both bought there.will go back for sales and service. like the sales person we dealt with. thanks

nicole koch ,adrian ramial

JayEssBee
9/09/2013

"They have a big gong hanging in the entrance, which makes..."

They have a big gong hanging in the entrance, which makes sense because they're a total gong show. Three months of getting jerked around and no vehicle in the end. After Southtown couldn't find a Grand Caravan with the specs we wanted, we factory ordered, many times mentioning how we were looking forward to having a DVD player for the kids. The day after we sign the build sheet, another dealer offers to undercut by $500 for a vehicle on their lot - my wife wants to do it, I say no, that's not right, we signed a deal. I should have listened to my wife. Weeks later the factory order shows up - no DVD. Too late to factory order another one, back to square one looking for vehicles across western Canada. The other dealership no longer has their vehicle, and stock of 2013s is tighter than ever, we have to relax our wish list. Southtown sends us three PDF vehicle summaries with prices in the body of the email. The "Winnipeg" vehicle looks all right - the specs in the body of the email don't quite match the specs in the attachment, but the attachment is official, right? Yeah, right. We negotiate, back and forth by email, finally go to the dealership in person and hammer out an agreement including a trade of our old vehicle. We leave the dealership Wednesday night, dealer assures us the vehicle is still available, it's a done deal, congratulations. Fantastic, we go home happy. Thursday, the dealer emails - sorry, the Winnipeg vehicle is gone after all. Offers to get us a 2014 with the same specs, same price. We started this whole business mid-May. It is now August. We're tired of this crap, just want a van, and say okay. He sends us a factory order build sheet, but it has lower options than the Winnipeg vehicle. I say so. He says no it doesn't, that's the same as the Winnipeg vehicle. I double-check the Winnipeg PDF. It has more options than he's offering. WTF? Do some more digging, finally, I figure it out. Get this - he got the titles of the three PDFs mixed up, the whole time we had been negotiating on different vehicles. Complete and utter waste of time. At this point, how do you think a dealer should respond? Maybe with profuse apology? Southtown could have earned our business for life by offering the 2014 with the higher option level, and taking the $1,000 hit (or whatever). They lose $1,000 every time their accountant sneezes, and would have made it back many times over in service. I suggest as much. But no. Their response is "sorry for the misunderstanding", as though it was partly my fault. We walked away. I'd no sooner go back to Southtown to buy a vehicle than let a spastic eight year old do my dentistry. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

T D'H