Pathway Hyundai

Tarra Murphy, Sales and Leasing Consultant, Pathway Hyundai

Tarra Murphy

Sales and Leasing Consultant

July 27, 2017

"Terrible, disgraceful and emberassing"

- spike

I'm writing this while it's fresh in my mind. I was contacted, apparently "hand selected" to test drive a vehicle and receive a $50 gas card for doing so and that this opportunity was only tonight July 27th, 2017. I call them back and they book me an appointment for 6PM which was a busy time for my wife and I and our new baby, but we agrees that it might be worth it to check it out (mind you the appointment was set by them). I arrive 5 minutes before and tell the front counter I have an appointment with Michael. After about 10 minutes, Michael shows up and asks me about the appointment and lets me know he has two other customers and that he would see if someone else could help me, which I was fine with. We go to what appears to be the managers office and he lets the person behind the desk know that I am here for a 6 pm appointment and that he is with 2 other clients and will be awhile. The person behind the desk, which I assume is some kind of manager, calls out to one of the 4 sales people standing around if they could deal with me. One of them responds that she has an appointment in 45 minutes and asks the guy next to her who says he can't (no real reason given), and another guy (he can't as he has an appointment shortly). Another sales guy walks in and one of them asks him and he says he is jump starting a car and can't either. At this point I am feeling a bit like a hot potato, and also feeling extremely unwelcome and unwanted, which was confirmed a few minutes later. I walk away as I am feeling embarrassed, both for myself and for them. Coming from a service industry myself, I'd probably give my staff a good talking to for treating a potential client (or shall I say "hand picked" valued customer). To sort of clear the air of this rather embarrassing situation I simply step aside assuming that they will sort something out and come back with a more professional approach, but sadly that was not the case. Instead some girl comes up and basically says "would you mind coming back another day as this is more for people who are buying cars today". She asks "Are you buying a car today?" I of course feeling like I am cheap and already not welcome, give the answer that "no, I don't think ill be driving off with a vehicle tonight, but was interested in test driving as per their event that I was "hand picked" for." To which she replies "Well, in that case maybe it'd be better to re-schedule or you can wait a long time tonight, which I doubt you want to do." Again, I am cringing inside and feeling very small and very unwelcome. She does end by saying, "Do you mind if someone calls you for another appointment?" Being the kind of person I am I simply say "Yes, that's fine" though really I meant "Absolutely not and you will never see my business anytime soon!" I'll be taking my Hyundai to be serviced somewhere else where perhaps they treat you like you mean something or have some kind of value.

July 27, 2017

"Excellent experience."

- Loulou

We had a great experience dealing with Zina the sales rep. at the dealership. Zena's level of professionalism and experience were impeccable. We would recommend Zina anytime.

July 19, 2017

"A truly positive experience, feeling so pleased."

- linda dubuc

I recently purchased a 2017 Hyundai Accent GLS from Pathway Hyundai. I have been driving a Hyundai since they brought out the Pony many years ago. Zina Magennis was my salesperson and I could not have been happier. She was informative, kind, caring and she made the purchasing a very pleasant experience. Her willingness to spend the time with me and answer every one of my questions was admirable and I can never thank her enough - she is truly a credit to your dealership! Big thanks also to Bill Stanfield. Based on my experience I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone. I could not be more pleased.

William Stanfield