Michael Boyer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC

Michael Boyer Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC Info

Ontario Motor Sales

CMount
1-03-2016

"Sale Staff Great - Rip off on Pre-Purchased Tires"

I'm not usually someone to "vent" publicly but this could save someone money. If you're in the market for a car - my recommendation would be to re-think GM and/or any pre-purchase of tires/rims or accessories. I went to Boyer in Pickering for my last three purchases and wont' likely be back to GM. (And I've driven a GMC for 40 years) Having said that the salesman was terrific and great to work with. Listens to your needs and finds what you want. BUT then you have to deal with service and that is not only a different ball game - it's a whole new sport.. Purchased a new vehicle Spring of 2016 and paid $1,500 for winter tires/rims. It took two tries to get the tires on as they ordered the wrong rims the first time and I had to do the chasing to find out when the second set would arrive. Finally had them installed and when the monitoring system light wouldn't go off I asked why and was told that the rims with the monitoring system were more expensive. I look at my bill it tallies up to $1,074, cost of tires/rims so I asked - what was the other $425 for - INSTALLATION it cost me $425 to put four tires ON the car. Strangely though, I recall that the first swap was supposed to be at no cost - then I'd have to pay to put Summers back on. Perhaps I misunderstood , yet that still leaves the question of $425 to change 4 tires is a steep price to pay. Recommendation to others - if you purchase here, get in writing all details of any purchase including full description of what you'll get (quality, size, appearance, does it work with your car computer!) and any hidden fees. One person tells me the first swap and first year storage is free. The next person says it's $50/yr - nothing consistent about this dealership. I priced it out at Firestone, which is the exact /size /brand put on by the dealership and they said the cost for those tires and rims - retail - out the door installed was $1,074.00 (strange how it matches the bill exactly) Odd how Firestone can do it for that price but GM has to charge an additional $425 to do it. Smells like a rip off to me. Oh and I can get the monitoring system problem resolved if I give them another $300 . Not happening - ripped me off once - too trusting and naive - twice would be stupidity. PS. I had to follow up regarding parts for my daughter's car that was purchased there in late November. This shouldn't be my responsibility! Regretting having made two purchases from same dealership in 2016

Joe, Ken, Dave

dscott22099
8-09-2012

"Easy to deal with. Bought a few vehicles off of him over..."

Easy to deal with. Bought a few vehicles off of him over the last 15 years, never gave me any attitude. I have sent a few people to him, they also had great experience. I will continue to recommend him and this dealer. Any issues I have had with warranty repairs were all handled in a fast and courtious manner. I required some "not normal" adjustments made to computer due to some aftermarket parts, the service department always made the effort to do as I asked.

Phil McAuther