Crown Toyota Scion

Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 6A9
Crown Toyota Scion Info

laney
7/24/2015

"Positive Experience from beginning and onward!"

I am a long-time Toyota customer and have consistently been pleased with the pleasant ways in which we are treated both in sales and in service. My most recent connection this week has been with Kathy Sullivan who was so courteous and caring as she looked after every detail in a personal and personable way. Loved the service and love my new Corolla!

Kathy Sullivan

iray
7/20/2015

"Awesome Experience!!"

We traded in our vehicle for a 4runner. Chan had helped us out greatly with this transition. He had so much patience with us and he was not pushy at all for a sale. Most importantly he worked hard for us to give us a great deal!!! So for your next vehicle purchase/trade in see Chan because he will definitely make your experience an awesome one!! Thanks again Chan for the friendly, informative, professional, and happy buying experience!!!

CHAN PARANAQUE

gunasauras
7/16/2015

"Not a positive experience"

While recently in the market for a used truck to pull a camper, my wife and I decided we would like to look at a Toyota Tundra. When we entered the dealership and found a salesman, we indicated the truck we wanted to test drive as we had already viewed their used inventory online. Adam was helpful in arranging a test drive for us right away. After driving the truck, we decided to talk price as we were interested in purchasing it. After making a reasonable cash offer for the truck (because I do not play the price dicker game), management got involved (I cannot recall the name of the gentleman we dealt with in management). Try as we may, we could not come to a mutual agreement on price, so my wife and I left the dealership in search of other trucks as we were starting to get frustrated with both the gentlemen we were dealing with (which I felt I made clear to them in a courteous manner). Within minutes, I was contacted via cellphone to further discuss the price. Three texts and an hour later, they were all of a sudden able to meet the price we offered, but by then, we had already purchased another truck. Morale of the story: when an honest person comes in to your dealership offering to pay in cash and makes a reasonable cash offer, you should probably do your best to work a deal out with them before they walk out frustrated. This dealership lost a sale due to the people we dealt with having less than optimum communications skills.

Adam Cai

KevinChen
7/15/2015

"Excellent Service "

This is my first time getting a brand new car at Crown Toyota Scion from Chan. The over all service of the employees was excellent. Specially Chan, he explain all the feature of FR-S detaily to me. Buying a brand new manual FR-S without any knowledge of driving Manual car is a risk, that's the thing i was worry about it. But Chan nicely teaching how to drive a manual car, and i am really appreciate that.

Chan

tsidebottom
5/21/2015

"First class sales and service! A happy repeat customer!"

After four vehicles leased over the years I am used to great service from sales to finance to delivery at Crown Toyota, though i still think of it as Sunshine. This time was no different and perhaps even smoother as Mike Del Grosso has looked after me in past years and knows what I want. This is my second Rav4 and the 50th Anniversary Edition has everything I wanted plus some. He and the sales manager Tyler Wrixon and Dhiya Dilawri in finance went the extra kilometer to make the process enjoyable and easy. Transfer of plates and insurance a breeze. My Thanks to a great dealership. Soon my GPS will join me in kilometers! ?

Mike Del Grosso

susana buhler
5/18/2015

"friendly people"

Hi, we bought a Toyota Highlander and we are very happy to have them, it's driving very comfortable and very easy. We will say thank you for the dealer Michael Angelo Florendo. Thank you!

Young Zhou

James1202
3/31/2015

"Very Good Dealership"

I bought a highlander today at Crown Toyota Scion from Ron Ackerman. The overall service of the employees was phenomenal, friendly faces everywhere brightened my day as Ron showed me my new car. My highlander was in perfect shape with no scratches or dents, he showed me all the cars features and taught me how to use them considering that I have never used a veichle with a touchscreen before. I highly recommend buying a car from there because you will not be disappointed -James

Ron Ackerman

k
3/26/2015

"NIGHTMARE"

While shopping for a new vehicle, I fell in love with one on the Toyota lot. After looking at the vehicle further, I noticed that there were a few things that needed fixing. I asked a salesman if these things (moulding falling off, large scratch) would be fixed prior to purchasing the vehicle; I was assured that they would be. We were set to pick up the vehicle in two weeks, leaving ample amount of time to make the repairs. Closer to the pick up date, I went by the lot to look at the vehicle; no repairs had been completed. I sent out an e-mail and was once again assured that these issues would be fixed the day of pick up. The day of pick up these issues were not fixed, and I was told I would have to come back. After walking around the vehicle prior to getting in, we noticed that the side view mirror was damaged. We got someone to come look at it, who proceeded to take out their keys and use them on the vehicle to "pop" the piece back in, causing more damage. When we were not satisfied by his creative repair skills, he then stated we would have to come back another day to have a tech look at it. I went back to the dealership the following day and was greeted by said key man with "what are you doing here," and had to remind him of the events of yesterday and the marks he had created on my mirror. The tech looked at the mirror, and I was told I would need a whole new mirror. A couple hours later I received a phone call stating that they needed me to come in and sign a document that they had forgotten to have me sign. I went in a couple days later and was told that the mirror had come in as well. I was not asked if I had time or anything, however my car was brought in for the mirror to be replaced. I asked the "key man" when the other damage was going to be fixed, and was told that I had bought a used vehicle, I should expect damage. I stated that I understood, however one of the things I was assured upon making the decision to purchase from Crown Toyota was that the extensive damage would be fixed. I was then asked who would tell me such things; not once was I told that this issue would be resolved. Forty-five minutes later I was informed that my mirror had been replaced. Once I got out to my vehicle, I noticed that they had only replaced one clip, and had done nothing with regard to the damage caused by "key man." I once again went back into the dealership, and was told your car is finished, why are you back. I asked if I was actually getting a brand new mirror, and was once again assured that that had just been completed. I explained that there was still damaged to the mirror, to which the "key man" did not believe me. I showed him a picture I took and told him to go look for himself; out he went and came back in requesting my keys. In my vehicle went again for servicing. I was told that there was a miscommunication, that the service guy had thought I just needed a new clip, and that they had just ordered in a brand new mirror. Seriously?? I was standing there when you told him that the mirror needed to be changed, not just the clip. I was then informed that my vehicle would not be ready for another 45 minutes; making me now an hour and a half late to an event which I was co-host of. I sat down, clearly frustrated, and took out my phone to make the appropriate phone calls to get things taken care of. When I saw "key man" walk past me, look at me and laugh. A few seconds later, he came out and asked me if it was ok that I was waiting so long. When I explained no it was not, he offered me a rental vehicle for an hour. Well, that does not solve my problem of missing out on an event that I was co-hosting, so finally when I explained that I was unable to leave and return in an hour, he offered to drive me home where I had another vehicle to use. He assured me that my car would be finished in the afternoon the following day. TWO DAYS later, after at least 3 phone calls to service, I phoned "key man" to inquire as to the status of my vehicle that was SUPPOSED to be done YESTERDAY. I was explained that service should have called, and he also should have called. He stated that my vehicle was done. I was unable to pick up the vehicle as I was responding to a crisis, so he offered to drive the vehicle to my house - very nice. When I got home, most the repairs had been completed, (there is still a scratch which I was assured that they were touching up with paint) however my license plate was completely bent out of shape… so now I am even more curious as to how they treated my vehicle. I can guarantee I will never be going back to Crown Toyota again in my life.

Mark

Liam K.
1/14/2015

"Worst dealership experience of my life!!"

This will be long, but worth it, please read before going in for service!! I got a check engine light in the middle of September 2014, I had a friend read it with a code reader you'd get from any auto parts store, and had to Google the code to find out what was wrong. The code said that I had an "Air Injection System" problem, and everything I saw said the repair would be north of $4000. I took my vehicle to a local auto shop, told them the code and they checked into it more and said I needed a $500 part, but suggested I check with a Toyota dealer as they were sure this was a known recall issue and could be fixed at no charge to me. I chose Crown Toyota as they're the closest dealership to where I live. I firstly spoke to service advisor Josh Williams, seemed helpful but was away from the office for the few days after our initial meeting so he passed me off to Jordan Mikolash. As soon as I mentioned the words warranty or recall, both Josh and Jordan shot that idea down very quickly, didn't even entertain the thought. They performed a diagnostic, which didn't cost me anything because I had given them the error code, a nice gesture on they're part. I received a price quote on September 20, 2014. The quote was for 16 parts, and a total of $4062.33, before labour and before taxes, well over $5000 once both those are added. Somewhere in the next two or three days I went to the dealership and spoke to Jordan and a parts guy, whose name I don't remember. Another employee, whose name I also don't remember, overheard this conversation and he decided to go have a look into whether this could be fixed under warranty, he was gone around 20 minutes and came back to say that he found a notice and that him and Jen, the warranty administrator, would apply for warranty work for me. Jordan called me on September 29, 2014 to tell me that Toyota had approved my warranty work and that the parts order would be put in later that day. I waited 5 weeks before contacting Jordan again, I went to the dealership in the first week of November 2014 and Jordan told me that they were still waiting for the parts to come in from Japan, he also told me that he would be quitting later that week and I would have to deal with Josh from now on. I waited a few more weeks and went back to the dealership in the first week of December 2014. Josh wasn't at work that day, so I spoke to a parts guy named Matt and he found my name and my diagnostic and parts quote in the computer records, it took him a while to find everything and I finally asked him if he could see that the parts were at least on order, he said he could see that no parts had ever been ordered for me! I waited a little over 2 whole months, because Jordan kept lying to my face! If he was still working there, I would expect that he would be fired over this. Surely this dealership wouldn't keep an employee who lies to their customers, right? How many other people has Jordan lied to? I spoke to josh two or three days later, for some reason he again passed me off to another service advisor, Dale Stanley. Someone checked again and yes Toyota was still going to fix it under warranty and the parts were on order now and I got a scheduled appointment date. I dropped the vehicle off on the night of Monday December 29, 2014 and throughout this whole 3 month process was being told it's a 1 day job, foolishly I believed them, 2 parts ordering delays and 10 days later, I got my truck back on January 8, 2015. Yet there was more problems, the parts list on the invoice I received only came to 7 parts, less than half of the parts quoted to me when I was going to be the one paying. I went back to the dealership on Jan. 9 and spoke to Josh, he said he'd check with Dale on Monday and call me. No one called me so I went back to the dealership on Monday Jan. 12 and spoke to Dale. A parts guy, Blaine Unger, who I had spoke to briefly about this whole situation a month or so ago overheard and mentioned that the original parts list contained parts that were incorrect for my model of truck, so either Jordan requested pricing on incorrect parts, or a parts guy named Chris priced a bunch of unnecessary parts, either way, that doesn't give me confidence in the parts guys or service advisors abilities to do their jobs. Dale showed me the notice from Toyota regarding this known issue and I noticed that even that parts list contained roughly double the amount of parts than the service invoice did. I asked Dale why that was and he said that the notice parts list was a list of possibly affected parts, and that each individual repair of this issue was to only have the actually affected parts replaced. So Toyota recommends changing upwards of a dozen parts, and had I had to pay for this, I would have been told to replace all dozen parts, just to be safe. However, since Toyota had to pay for it themselves, they get to replace only the parts that are not working?!?! Dale told me that Toyota will not go above and beyond fixed only the affected parts, I responded by saying that going above and beyond was the only way you were ever going to come close to keeping me as a customer! If I had to pay the bill, Toyota would have insisted that I go above and beyond, as evidenced by the 16 item parts quote, for safety's sake, however they wont follow they're own recommendations and advice?! To me, Toyota has now knowningly left possibly defective parts in my vehicle, and I'm supposed to have faith in the repairs they did actually carry out? In summary Crown Toyota tried to sell me over $4000 worth of parts, when in reality they only replaced less than $2500 worth. What this dealership has gotten away with is disgusting and extremely disrespectful! I also did some research on the parts, the exact same 16 parts from the original September quote, if purchased from toyotapart.com, would have come to a total of less than $2000, the markup on parts from this dealership is ridiculous!! This issue cost me nothing, and yet I was treated very poorly. I never yelled or got angry, not at the price or the numerous delays in the repairs. I did get visibly disappointed and upset when discussing the differences between the warranty notice parts list and my original quoted list. I will never buy a vehicle from this dealership, if this is how they try to get extra money on a bill under $6000, I can only imagine what they'd try on a $30 000 plus vehicle!! After the way I was treated I will also never take a vehicle here to be serviced, I clearly caught them trying to sell me parts that either they knew I didn't really need and/or were incorrect for my model of vehicle.

Josh Williams, Dale Stanley, Jordan Mikolash

TheNeilsan
1/12/2015

"Crown Toyota Scion is phenomenal!"

I bought a used car from Nico Sanchez that turned out to be the 2013 showroom model of the Scion FRS back in August 2014. It was totally done up with every modification that i was thinking of putting on myself in the future anyways, what a perfect coincidence! LOVE the car! Totally enjoyed it in the summer time. She's parked quietly in a garage over winter now, but super amped to take it out again come spring time! Crown Toyota Scion customer service is phenomenal. Nico and the rest of the sales team as well as service goes above and beyond regular procedures to help me whenever I had any issues. Everytime i step foot in Crown Toyota Scion I feel like I am being welcomed as an honored guest in their home :) ABSOLUTELY recommend Nico and the team at Crown Toyota Scion, not just for buying a vehicle, but for ALL automotive needs in general!

Nico Sanchez